I know, I know, I should probably know what kind of package car I drive, but I don’t. Can anyone figure out the year, make, etc from these clues? I know some of you smarties have got to know!

Clues:
-Diesel
-Starts with 147...
-200,000 ish miles
-Looks like a grand but a bit wider and more cavernous than others (Wheel wells don’t take up as much space, maybe?)
-No black hand rail in cab
-Has the little venting lever in cab on ceiling (which way lets air out, btw?)

Here’s a picture of the kind of pkg car. The pic was not taken by me, I found it online. Blacked out identifying features to avoid getting anyone in trouble for posting the pic.

Attachments

• 5FE2ECFB-B858-4158-B93B-6B2FF18A52ED.jpeg
    5FE2ECFB-B858-4158-B93B-6B2FF18A52ED.jpeg
    777.7 KB · Views: 216

DriverNerd

The first automatic 10 cubes. The "clean running diesels". Power delivery is very peaky, not smooth at all. Never been a fan of those trucks. We only have a handful of those left and they're cut cars. Ours are from 2004 I think.

google Frieghtliner MT45

UPS' are just a custom version of that truck.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
There is a VIN label usually riveted to the bulkhead wall. Shut the bulkhead door, its right behind the driver's seat. It will tell you the month/year the car rolled off the assembly line, size car, VIN number, and vehicle weight. Some of this info is usually on the inside windshield frame too.

oldngray

nowhere special
There is a VIN label usually riveted to the bulkhead wall. Shut the bulkhead door, its right behind the driver's seat. It will tell you the month/year the car rolled off the assembly line, size car, VIN number, and vehicle weight. Some of this info is usually on the inside windshield frame too.
Some trucks like Workhorses are pretty much parts cars that are just made with a basic frame and have other parts added on to finish it later. And the quality (or lack of ) shows.

I know, I know, I should probably know what kind of package car I drive, but I don’t. Can anyone figure out the year, make, etc from these clues? I know some of you smarties have got to know!

Clues:
-Diesel
-Starts with 147...
-200,000 ish miles
-Looks like a grand but a bit wider and more cavernous than others (Wheel wells don’t take up as much space, maybe?)
-No black hand rail in cab
-Has the little venting lever in cab on ceiling (which way lets air out, btw?)
We don't have any 147 models but we do have 141 and they was made in 2007.
Looks like the same type of vehicle.
Rides and turns nice

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Some trucks like Workhorses are pretty much parts cars that are just made with a basic frame and have other parts added on to finish it later. And the quality (or lack of ) shows.
The new cars that have the ford steering wheel uses the same wheel from an early 2000s F150. Plus I’ve noticed some GM labeled parts. I can’t think of the model but I peaked into an old car recently because I noticed it had the same switches that we have on our dash, it was from the 90s. Used parts been.

Faceplanted

These clankers are junk. I hate them. Tons of torque at idle, you have to stand on the brakes to keep it from creeping. Extremely laggy turbos. Just in general they feel cheap.