What kind of truck was I driving for peak?

I did some seasonal help driving for UPS. I was in a small bread truck. I believe its number was 576533..... Is this truck called a P57 or is it a P500? It took gasoline as its fuel. Also, what is gross vehicle weight of these vehicles? Curiosity.....

moldsporh

Not bad for a seasonal ride, at least the steering wheel was centered with the seat and the bulkhead door wasn't made out of wood.....lol.

Sounds like a newer P500. Not sure of the gross weight, depends if it's a single or dual wheel setup but I can't imagine its tagged for more than 10K lbs and that's pushing it in a P500

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Not bad for a seasonal ride, at least the steering wheel was centered with the seat and the bulkhead door wasn't made out of wood.....lol.

I remember driving a Ford P-500 one day that had the steering wheel about 4-5 inches off-center, it was unbelievable. The P-600s did have wooden shelves, bulkhead doors, manual steering and brakes. You younger guys missed the fun.

I remember driving a Ford P-500 one day that had the steering wheel about 4-5 inches off-center, it was unbelievable. The P-600s did have wooden shelves, bulkhead doors, manual steering and brakes. You younger guys missed the fun.
My old 600 had wooden collapsible shelves. Needless to say,most packages ended up on the floor.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Yah. I loved my p 600
Lap of luxury !! Lol

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The older P800 was nice too !!
The seat was almost outside the door , the shift stick was near the passenger door and the e brake rested on your knee !!
Good luck with the bulkhead door if you were 6 feet tall !!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had my share of PC's for peak, had one with the wooden bulkhead, wooden shelves and a notch cut out of the shelf so the top of the spare tire could stick up thru it. lol