What might the world be like?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Patience, tolerance, kindliness and love.

What might the world be like if every human being on the face of the earth made these words true and real in how they approached and treated every other human being from the one they most love to the one they most disapprove or hate?

What do you think?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

What might the world be like if every human being on the face of the earth made these words true and real in how they approached and treated every other human being from the one they most love to the one they most disapprove or hate?

What do you think?
Impossible. Nice thought but I don’t think humans are programmed this way.

rickyb

What do you think?
i even struggle with patience. mlk said justice is love in action. you have to think about it alot to be good at it i think. ppl are a mix of good an bad. we've had progress. but were also constantly bombarded with things trying to get us to maintain the status quo or even regress.

rickyb

What do you think?
if these words were true we would have more freedom, less death, less pollution, more democracy

Integrity

Binge Poster
i even struggle with patience. mlk said justice is love in action. you have to think about it alot to be good at it i think. ppl are a mix of good an bad. we've had progress. but were also constantly bombarded with things trying to get us to maintain the status quo or even regress.
I can relate, have struggled with patience as well. I don't struggle with it as much as I used to.

In what ways and with whom do you struggle with being patient?

Sometimes I am most impatient with those that I love to most.

Sometimes I am impatient with those that I disapprove of.

I try to stay close to the spirit of patience through out each moment of my day. I have been doing this for awhile and I have seen much growth in my ability to be patient as a human.

I believe that the status quo makes many qualities more important than the quality of patience, when in fact I believe the quality of patience is one of the foundational qualities of unconditional love and that continual patience for one self and our own imperfections is one of the first steps in our ability to truly be patient with others.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster

What do you think?
if these words were true we would have more freedom, less death, less pollution, more democracy

So are you saying that if these words were true that you think the world would be a better place than it is today?

rickyb

I can relate, have struggled with patience as well. I don't struggle with it as much as I used to.

In what ways and with whom do you struggle with being patient?

Sometimes I am most impatient with those that I love to most.

Sometimes I am impatient with those that I disapprove of.

I try to stay close to the spirit of patience through out each moment of my day. I have been doing this for awhile and I have seem much growth in my ability to be patient as a human.

I believe that the status quo makes many qualities more important than the quality of patience, when in fact I believe the quality of patience is one of the foundational qualities of unconditional love and that continual patience for one self and our own imperfections is one of the first steps in our ability to truly be patient with others.
yea with my parents and its probably just the way i talk sometimes. my dad is a know it all so thats probably where i got it from. hes doesnt think about him doing it so hes mostly hopeless.

i agree if you can practice being patient and persistence with yourself then you might be better off doing it with others.

rickyb

So are you saying that if these words were true that you think the world would be a better place than it is today?
yea and also what comes to mind now is ripping ppl off on the market IE you going high and them going low goes against these values.

Integrity

Binge Poster
it depends. im going to get revenge this year. someone *ed me 2 years ago and its payback time. i think christianity says when you do wrong you will suffer.
Do you think love you express to humanity should be conditional?

Can we agree that revenge and payback is incongruous with treating your fellow man with patience, tolerance, kindliness and love?

rickyb

Can we agree that revenge and payback is incongruous with treating your fellow man with patience, tolerance, kindliness and love?
okay but what about the guys in protest who are in favor of non violence up to a certain point?

rickyb

i was thinking what we were talking about and its a case of revenge vs justice. revenge is bad. justice good. im not sure what mine is ill look it up.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Watch the news.
Just because many humans do not practice the qualities patience, tolerance, kindliness, and love and this fact is clearly evident by what the news programs broadcast this does not mean that it impossible for humans to live by theses qualities, it also doesn’t mean that humans aren’t programmed to live by them.

rickyb

Just because many humans do not practice the qualities patience, tolerance, kindliness, and love and this fact is clearly evident by what the news programs broadcast this does not mean that it impossible for humans to live by theses qualities, it also doesn’t mean that humans aren’t programmed to live by them.
news is propaganda anyways designed to maintain status quo and turn us into cynics. mainstream news i mean

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The world has never been at peace , there's always a leader who wants more and inflicts pain and suffering , look just at recent history, Hitler , Mussolini, Stalin , Tojo , Bin Laden , for example , people have found it easier to hate than love as Jesus tried to teach ,, it is nice to fantasize about living in the land of goodness , but we will never get the world all on board !! Unfortunately there are men like above coming again although they may not have even been born yet !