What on-route customers are saying to drivers

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I did not encounter any negativity from customers yesterday, and it seemed that quite a few made sure to express their thanks for what we do.

What are you hearing from your customers?

The rest of the story:
1) UPS management sucks
2) UPS needs to hire more drivers
3) A fail to plan is a plan to fail
4) Too many people waited until the last minute to order
5) UPS needs to give you your turkey
6) UPS really missed their volume forecast
7) Amazon really missed their volume forecast
8) UPS is understaffed
9) Screw UPS. I'm using USPS next year!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Blaming it on the last minute consumers and stores guaranteeing them delivery by Christmas day.

I had a man come up to me yesterday as I was doing a pickup and he was saying how it was unfair how the media was portraying us.

The people who will bash are the ones who waited too long. The ones who won't bash are people who bought in a reasonable time and enjoyed their Christmas

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
One guy asked if he could cry on my shoulder too. Had another say its terrible the way they are talkin about us in the news.

Haven't heard one person complain yet. Other than my cousin throwing a fit that we left her package in the snow. I shut her up pretty quick.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
One guy asked if he could cry on my shoulder too. Had another say its terrible the way they are talkin about us in the news.

Haven't heard one person complain yet. Other than my cousin throwing a fit that we left her package in the snow. I shut her up pretty quick.
A week before Christmas in a very upscale neighborhood ,a lady runs out of her house flailing her arms screaming at my helper about something. I get out of truck approach woman who tells me we left her " priceless pictures" at her front door where they could have been "ruined" if it had rained. She continued to scream at me that there was a "covered porch " at back of her house and all packages "needed" to be delivered there. Then turned back on me walked into house and slammed door shut. Speechless

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
A week before Christmas in a very upscale neighborhood ,a lady runs out of her house flailing her arms screaming at my helper about something. I get out of truck approach woman who tells me we left her " priceless pictures" at her front door where they could have been "ruined" if it had rained. She continued to scream at me that there was a "covered porch " at back of her house and all packages "needed" to be delivered there. Then turned back on me walked into house and slammed door shut. Speechless

Sorry madam, here's your priceless picture
image.jpg

Isn't it ridiculous how people think your their servant since they paid you a few dollars for a delivery??
Can't imagine how they would react if someone talked to them like that.

Marne Vet

1) YOU GUYS SUCK! (random guy as I'm driving by)
2) It's about time! You guys ruined Christmas! *slams door*
3) It's not your fault. You just work for a :censored2:ty company. They should've hired more people.
4) Have you heard all the News bashing you guys? (ugh, like 50 people asked the same thing. No lady, I live under a rock. Haven't heard a thing until you mentioned it)
5) Next year I'm using FedEx/USPS! (Yeah, good luck with that. You'll be back)
6) How do I get my money back?! I ordered this on [X Date] and you guys owe me money! (Call 1-800-PICK-UPS)
7) What's your name?!?! I'm calling your supervisor! You could've left my laptop on my porch the other day! @#!%^@&#%! (It's U-P-S, and my bosses number is 1-800-PICK-UPS.)
8) So, is it really bad this year? (smh. I really hate the ones that ask the obvious. These are the same people that ask me if it's raining out when clearly it is, and I'm soaking wet. ugh)

oldngray

nowhere special
The customers who complain are the same ones that complain even if everything goes perfectly. Most customers understand how things work and don't cause problems. But there are always a few a-holes on every route.

browniehound

I always thought Christmas was about the birth of God's son and the forgiveness of sins. Or being with family. Yet, all I hear is that is was ruined because people didn't get there material crap on time and all this pissing and moaning about who's at fault. Think about it, you're saying your life is less enjoyable because you didn't receive your stupid junk on a certain day. So sad.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Our local news has a 'talkback' segment. The first three callers were overwhelmingly supportive of what Parcel employees did.

(The others were bitching about the weather guy.:blushing2:)

browniehound

The costumer will always come back. No matter how much UPS SCREWS UP.
Yes the "costumer" (because they're all clowns) will come back. Simply because UPS is still the most reliable shipping option even if the perception is that they dropped the ball this past week. I've been at UPS 15 years and this is the first time anything like this happened and I'll bet money it will be the last I wo.
So I wouldn't even give a duck about what happened except it was the subject of conversation with every person I saw yesterday and I'm sick of talking about it with a smile on my face.

I delivered every package on my truck on the 23rd and 24th, and worked 57-59.5 hours/week for 4 straight weeks. They can kiss my bass drum if they want to bitch

Future

Victory Ride
I got about 6 comments the past two days. They where all positive about how hard we work, and that they never had a issue with our service!

TUT

Simply because UPS is still the most reliable shipping option

You have equals. They will come back first because it isn't so bad. But whomever is your shipper, my guess is most volume is all ready pre-determined by them. For example, at Amazon, you don't pick carrier, you pick how fast, they do the rest. So I do love those that say "I'll never use _____ again". Yes you will, you don't have the choice you think you do, or ok, go back to brick and mortar shopping, your probably better off.

Future

Victory Ride
What are you hearing from your customers?

The rest of the story:
1) UPS management sucks
2) UPS needs to hire more drivers
3) A fail to plan is a plan to fail
4) Too many people waited until the last minute to order
5) UPS needs to give you your turkey
6) UPS really missed their volume forecast
7) Amazon really missed their volume forecast
8) UPS is understaffed
9) Screw UPS. I'm using USPS next year!
I will go with number 5, and a future draft pick !!!!