What on-route customers are saying to drivers

Re-Raise

If you step back a minute and think about it, how many other companies wish they had so many customers they couldn't keep up?

Like a car dealership apologizing because they just didn't have enough cars to sell.

When the dust settles .... we made A LOT of money this peak. We just need to somehow adjust pricing to encourage people to ship sooner.

Waste Manager

All of the above..for days..and in the last few weeks..people screaming...yelling...demanding money back(ya right),speak to supervisor(phone the call center again-they are in the Phillipines-they might understand what you are trying to say)
Am now telling people to go to the website and contact corporate..at least it gets rid of them and shuts them up..nothing is going to change..ever..it's pure corporate greed..plain and simple..
Businesses wanted to know why they didn't get their dels on the 24th..told them the truth..that it was all about the resi's..and X-Mass gifts..(again,call corporate)

This company has no integrity,but then neither does the competition..but they did have a bit more sense in refusing the added volume..at the last minute..

You will notice how fast this will fade away..ya think some 'hush money' is involved here??

Oh wait..there's an Amazon commercial on the telly now..ohh..what can the masses buy now??..

There is a benefit to being a Druid after all!!...LOL..

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im sick of all of them. The regulars were very nice, they know how late I work, and I take care of them all year.
the ones who get one pkg a year and it was a failed one...are the ones who bitch. They didnt have money til last minute, whatever.
"hope you arent delivering the gift cards, probaly wont get it til next Christmas, and Fed ex is more reliable, sorry.
I told one very arrogant a hole, make sure you specify you want fed ex next time, I dont give a flying **** what you think of UPS, I am no cheer leader for them, but do not question my integrity. I did not have your pkg, before Christmas!
Happy New Year!

brown metal coffin

The only thing I got over the last two days from customers is "Thank You" and 2 Christmas gifts from customers that I didn't see earlier in the week. Customers seem very sympathetic; even the one affected.

Ms.PacMan

I received a package today. I saw the driver pull up and I walked to the door specifically to say thank you.
I had a few of these today.

I had a neighbor make a snide comment while I was giving a man his Amazon pkg. Neighbor says, "Hey, it's a little late for a Christmas pkg." The man says, "Naw, just everyday stuff", then gave me a little smile. I think it was Christmas stuff but he just didn't want to fuss about it.

I had a lady on the street tell me the whole thing made her furious at the people who were complaining. She thought it was entirely their own fault for waiting so long.

C

chuchu

A week before Christmas in a very upscale neighborhood ,a lady runs out of her house flailing her arms screaming at my helper about something. I get out of truck approach woman who tells me we left her " priceless pictures" at her front door where they could have been "ruined" if it had rained. She continued to scream at me that there was a "covered porch " at back of her house and all packages "needed" to be delivered there. Then turned back on me walked into house and slammed door shut. Speechless
The key word the was "upscale". You figure it out.

I only had one person be negative about the situation. She was about 65-68 yrs of age and waiting on the front poch for me as i backed into her driveway.

She saI'd "IT'S ABOUT TIME! THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HERE BEFORE CHRISTMAS!".

I calmly said: "Do you see this label says 2nd day air?"

She said ,"yes" with a funny look on her face.

I said "Whoever ordered this asked for 2days AFTER Christmas service and this is the second day!".

She said Oh! and walked on into her house.

She brought it up..I answered her cheerfully.

What are you hearing from your customers?

The rest of the story:
1) UPS management sucks
2) UPS needs to hire more drivers
3) A fail to plan is a plan to fail
4) Too many people waited until the last minute to order
5) UPS needs to give you your turkey
6) UPS really missed their volume forecast
7) Amazon really missed their volume forecast
8) UPS is understaffed
9) Screw UPS. I'm using USPS next year!
I've not heard a bad word about us but I've delivered 55 and 74 stops respectively. Lately I'm trying to see the good in people.

Pkgcar1988

Had one customer that met me at the door yesterday and politely said we would like to refuse that pkg as it was suppose to delivered by Xmas. I laughed and said its only a day late.she laughed and said they ordered it a little late but hoped it would get there no deal went out and bought something else. Otherwise everyone else seems to be on our side.

C

chuchu

Think about it before foot goes in mouth! If they always come back then where did FedEx Ground get all those packages from? Hint...it wasn't the Post Office!
From our strike.
They work twice as hard as upsers tho. Mainly because they deliver their packages and then go back to redeliver them to the correct address.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Nothing but support for us in my neck of the woods. One lady said I love you guys. I said to one guy "People are mad because Junior didn't get one of his hundred gifts". He replied ":censored2: Junior".