What percentage of misdeliveries are found?

jonsidneyb

I am curious to know if there is data on % of packages misdelivered that get recovered.

I am kind of worried. I know the situation with UPS in my area has to be difficult so I think fatigue is likely what happened.

I am waiting on a package for a customer and because I wanted to get this part out as fast as possible I sat at a window waiting for it and refreshing the screen over and over. I didn't realize drivers where still delivering at 9:10 PM but that is what time the delivery showed. The problem is I didn't get a package.

I called UPS not expecting anyone to answer as it was so late but did get someone on the phone. They told me the shipper had to start make the complaint. I went outside and looked two addresses to the north and to the south but didn't expect to find anything as I never saw the truck go by.

I called UPS again and the next person said that could contact the center for me unlike the first person.

I am in hopes this package can be recovered. I am not wanting insurance payment, or a replacement package, I need that specific package. This item is not scheduled for production again for 9 months and was custom altered. I could lose a good customer over this.

I suspect UPS drivers are having a hard time in my area right now. The local UPS building was destroyed by a Tornado and deliveries are coming from a town maybe 45-50 miles south of here. That has to be making things harder.

What are the chances this package can be found?

jonsidneyb

I am tempted to go out with a flashlight and search for the package some more at other addresses. Just concerned that it will look like I am out stealing stuff.

Is there a pattern that usually happens on misdeliveries? It is not at the addresses just to the north or to the south. My address is three digits. Maybe going south the the 800 block where the last two digits are the same?

jonsidneyb

Well, I am so worried this package is gone for good I can't sleep. I might as well stay up until UPS opens in the morning.

Do misdeliveries usually get found, do many end up lost forever?

With all the packages UPS delivers how can one misdelivered be found?

old levi's

blank space
If the package was misdelivered there will be a GPS stamp of the delivery location. That should help in locating the package. I hope your package will be found.

old levi's

blank space
Also, since the pkg. was delivered late, if it was a misdelivery there is a good possibility that the recipient will discover the pkg. this morning and call UPS to come retrieve it.

jonsidneyb

Also, since the pkg. was delivered late, if it was a misdelivery there is a good possibility that the recipient will discover the pkg. this morning and call UPS to come retrieve it.

Thanks,

I called UPS again this morning, I was in hopes they could tell me where the GPS showed the package at, I was going to go try and find it myself if I could get that info. I really didn't expect to get that kind of information. They did tell me I would get a call at 10:00 this morning on the issue. I don't know what else it could be but a misdelivery since it showed that it was delivered.

With drivers out delivering so late is seems like UPS is not hiring enough drivers?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Thanks,

I called UPS again this morning, I was in hopes they could tell me where the GPS showed the package at, I was going to go try and find it myself if I could get that info. I really didn't expect to get that kind of information. They did tell me I would get a call at 10:00 this morning on the issue. I don't know what else it could be but a misdelivery since it showed that it was delivered.

With drivers out delivering so late is seems like UPS is not hiring enough drivers?

Thanks for your concern about drivers working so late. According to this safety minded company, it shouldn't effect delivery service or quality. No one gets fatigued after pounding it for 11 or 12 hours.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I am tempted to go out with a flashlight and search for the package some more at other addresses. Just concerned that it will look like I am out stealing stuff.

Is there a pattern that usually happens on misdeliveries? It is not at the addresses just to the north or to the south. My address is three digits. Maybe going south the the 800 block where the last two digits are the same?
It sounds like you might be in a rural area, but if you have streets that parallel yours try that too. Most often misdelivers happen either next door or one street over.

jonsidneyb

I know errors costs time which is the same as costing money. It is obvious that UPS labor may be having to work too hard at time. I wonder if they would come out ahead financially by taking some of the pressure off of labor. I am sure the error rate would drop if UPS labor was not worked so hard.

jonsidneyb

Sweet! Most of us just want to get the pkgs to where they belong and go home. Glad you got yours.

Thanks,

Just to let everyone know I was never upset at the driver. Just very worried, I am slowly starting to understand that things are really rough on the people at UPS that does the hard work. The call center however does seems to be very limited but maybe it is just because I don't understand how things work there.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I know errors costs time which is the same as costing money. It is obvious that UPS labor may be having to work too hard at time. I wonder if they would come out ahead financially by taking some of the pressure off of labor. I am sure the error rate would drop if UPS labor was not worked so hard.
You are absolutely correct.