What replies to you get from your sup when you tell them you cannot follow Orion due to bulk

onehandsolo

My truck is blown out 85% of the time. I cannot access the 5000 6000 7000 and 8000 shelves until 200 or 300.

Sent using BrownCafe App

brown_trousers

I always follows directions, even when it obviously is going to cause delays and unhappy customers.

Then when the center manager asks me why i did it that way i always give him the same line.... "so are you giving me permission to improvise on the rules at my own discretion?"

Its been a few years now.... he still wont give me that permission!

Ouch

ote="728ups, post: 1290716, member: 33372"]unload the truck at the stop ,get the package,reload the truck and deliver. rinse and repeat. give em EXACTLY what they want[/quote]
728 is exactly right. I unloaded packages in a mall parking lot when a sup pulled up and asked me what I was doing? My answer was working as instructed. The next day they were asking me to fill out a load chart. I answered them with no thanks. Couple days later they pulled some stops off and made my day a little more manageable. Route still planned. Imagine that.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Until they can load in ORION order, this will be a problem. Over plan is up, no real way around it. My numbers have climbed. We have to hunt for stops. I'm waiting for my next OJS.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
As long as you get paid for "travel time"....thats the only numbers that matters! I only care about the numbers on my paycheck.....the other numbers are their problem....not mine!!
You'd think maanagement would catch on to that lil fact by now..lol. Oh, you're not happy with my PPH? Well, last time I checked, I'm not paid by the package!

oldngray

nowhere special
We had a route get zero time allowance for travel time. Brilliant plan devised by brilliant minds.

Next time study it will be a negative time allowance. Time travel back to before you started. You will also owe UPS money since you owe UPS for that lost time.

stink219

Tell them...
1. You are being held hostage by load quality.
2. I'm fulfilling the first sentence in article 37.
3. Your a member of "The Neck Down Crew".

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
management seems to have a script they follow. They expect the drivers to bitch,whine,argue etc and have answers for that: i.e carrot and stick. however when hourlies do the job in the exact manner they want it done,work safely and by the methods whilst never complaining it seems to derail the script and management is at a loss as to how to 'manage' the situation.
taking this approach makes life much easier and stress free for me

browniehound

I don't follow Orion sometimes because of a bulked out truck and don't follow it the rest of the time because it MAKES NO SENSE. That story is for another thread, but I tell the manager why I don't follow it and he doesn't say much because I'm always UNDER the Orion mileage when I do it my way, everyday. Sometimes by as much as 10 miles. Some days it gives me 67-68 miles. In 4 years on my route I have never broke 60. So now I'm going to follow Orion and do 68?

His response: "well, we need to change the solution then". I say: "what does that mean?" He says "you tell us how you run it and we'll set it up that way"

What? Really? What the heck good is this software and million dollar system if you're just going to go in there and manipulate it the way I WANT so you can make your 85% number.

Only at UPS my friends. Only at UPS. The company makes billions in spite of itself. If the company wasn't started in 1907 and had a very large foothold on the industry they would be doomed.