What shift can i do?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Dante505, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Dante505

Dante505 New Member

Going to explain the exact situation, i have long college days, 9am- 5:30pm and i'm doing a PT job to keep me going, I spoke to my trainer last night who said i can change shifts once i graduate ( about 2-3 weeks away before i am in college itself) and since college is full time, what would be the best shift for me considering this? (while also considering early starts and late finishes) as i need time on bicycle to get from college to work (or vice versa) which can take up to 90 minutes.

2. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

In my hub, you could only work midnight shift that goes from ~11pm-4pm. All other shifts would not work with a 9-5:30 + 90 min commute(7:30am - 7pm) schedule outside of UPS. That would cut your sleeping into 2 shorter periods.

3. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

Become a pt sup to pad your resume while attending college.

4. Dante505

Dante505 New Member

between 9pm - 3am for us.

5. Dante505

Dante505 New Member

What would be the latest us PT midnight shifters finish though?

6. upschuck

Ours has to be done by 4 because that is when Preload starts. Don't know about yours, but I would doubt it works til 3am if it starts at 9pm, they hate paying overtime, unless they have to, so I'd venture a guess to say 2am latest. Five hours straight time until OT kicks in, but the start time might vary, just count 5 hours after that.

7. Dante505

Dante505 New Member

Earliest I've ever started is 9:30am and latest I have finished is 3:10am, was just wondering whats the latest in peak aswell, dont want them to take forever.

8. upschuck

When does the next sort start? That's is your answer. Not knowing your buildings sorts/times, that is the best I can say. They can not run past the next sorts start time, since they all use the same equipment.

9. Dante505

Dante505 New Member

Contracted hours say 3:30am - 7:30 am but knowing them thats wrong by a long shot with early starts and late finishes.

10. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Why not?

11. ViewAskew

ViewAskew Active Member

I worked twilight (5-10, actual hours varied) while attending class during the day. Missed out on a lot, but had tuition half paid for by UPS.