what should I expect when I become a PT sup on preload?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Let me make two statements to help you get it.

1) In my first 4 months as a part timer I was asked to be a P/T sup 3 times.
2) There were 4 part time sups that I initially worked for. Within the first 2 years working inside they were all gone but I was still there.

llamainmypocket

Your plan seems just fine. When people say it's a mistake to become a preload sup they thinking in the general sense, Not necessarily in context of your plan.

Assuming that you will get your bachelors either way then you will either have the experience and resume addition or you won't. What your risking is being miserable for a couple years. I don't know about you guys, but as a sleep deprived preloader working 60+ hours a week and waiting to become a driver, I'm miserable almost every day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your plan seems just fine. When people say it's a mistake to become a preload sup they thinking in the general sense, Not necessarily in context of your plan.

Assuming that you will get your bachelors either way then you will either have the experience and resume addition or you won't. What your risking is being miserable for a couple years. I don't know about you guys, but as a sleep deprived preloader working 60+ hours a week and waiting to become a driver, I'm miserable almost every day.

I fully agree with this based solely on the fact that you are doing this just to finish your degree. The experience you gain will be invaluable and having UPS on your resume will give you an advantage over equally qualified applicants.