What should Ovah bid?

• Total voters

over9five

Staff member
Umm, yeah.

Each has its positives.

Package, I'd be working days.

FT inside would be 8 hours, no OT.

22.3 would.......ok, don't know that one too well.

Feeders is easy work.

It also seems I am going backwards in seniority in Feeders. Used to be 10 under me, now there's only 4 due to job cuts. Might be a good time to go.

Any chance of catching a retirement wave? We lost 25 in the last 18 months.

As far as the 8hr sheet its dependent on operational needs and lasts until the rebid in April. Then resign then i guess. What I'm wondering is if operations allow those on the sheet to leave at 8hrs how long will others get boned? Plus seniority still prevails so if work is so slow that "sheetheads" can leave why not the high seniority guy too if he chooses? Looks like a can of worms to me.

over9five

Staff member
Any chance of catching a retirement wave? We lost 25 in the last 18 months.

As far as the 8hr sheet its dependent on operational needs and lasts until the rebid in April. Then resign then i guess. What I'm wondering is if operations allow those on the sheet to leave at 8hrs how long will others get boned? Plus seniority still prevails so if work is so slow that "sheetheads" can leave why not the high seniority guy too if he chooses? Looks like a can of worms to me.
Retirement wave! Lol, these guys want to die in their tractors. We still have one with a '64 seniority date.

Agree with your second paragraph.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe it's just me but isn't this something you should discuss with your wife rather than with a bunch of strangers on an Internet forum?

If you really want to know what I think you will need to add another option to your poll----"Who cares".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just asking opinions, grumpy. Go find a girlfriend.

Why in the world would you ask opinions about something so specific to you and your family from a bunch of strangers? If the majoriity were to vote 22.3 would you bid a 22.3 job? If the majority told you to jump off a bridge would you do that?

Maybe it's just me but I probably would have brought this up while sitting with my wife and son while drinking at a bar on a Saturday afternoon. But that's just me.