What sunglasses do you guys use daily?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Had a pair of Oakley’s until my yellow lab got ahold of them
Good good...I’ll send you these instead..
A2BCF434-48A9-4A1B-BC0E-CCDBE7A5EAD0.png

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I occasionally deliver to places that require eye protection, so safety sunglasses would be my vote. Otherwise I don't wear sunglasses because it makes it too difficult to see into shady areas when you are in full sunlight. And I don't want to keep taking them off and putting them on all day.

JustDeliverIt

I get my sunglasses from my eye doctor. I don't wear glasses normally, so get a good pair of anti-glare shades there through our insurance. So much better than the cheap ones and are good frames so they last as well.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I wear the $12 polarized fishing glasses to work in. This job is hell on sunglasses so I would hate to break a nice pair working.
If you want a nice pair of Costa Del Mar glasses, get to know the girls at an eye clinic that sells them. The markup on those are ridiculous. I got a $270 pair for $90.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Maui Jim, hands down. Best customer service I have ever experienced from a company. I paid about $185 ($265 retail) for some Banyans 6 years ago, I still have them. I’ve sent them back once as my wife broke them by crushing them with her hands accidentally in New Orleans, sent them in expecting to pay for a new frame ($90), they sent them back and said they were covered under their 2 year warranty and gave us some extra nose pieces (rubber wears out over time).

I recently picked up a set of the Hookipa model (bronze lenses) and love them. They are a bit lighter than the Banyans, which are smoke lenses.

Maui Jim are the type of sun glasses that if you take care of them, don’t lose them, and treat them like a pair of $200 sunglasses, you’ll get your moneys worth out of them.

If you lose sunglasses, toss them around like $10 gas station sunglasses, and are generally rough on them, buy something else.

When you wear something for 10+ hours a day, you wanna make sure it’s quality and it is doing it’s job. Until I started to wear Maui Jim’s, I would wear cheap polarized sunglasses and had headaches towards the end of a sunny day. I asked around and someone suggested dropping some coin on Maui Jim’s as they had the best polarized lenses on the market. I took the gamble and am glad I did, the headaches stopped and now there isn’t a day I don’t wear my MJ’s.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
Mirrored Aviators silver frame or Gold Aviators with a brown gradient, ray bans are cheap usually around a 100 sticker, 80ish walking out the door.

You can haggle with those people, the mark ups are high on nice sunglasses.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I never wear sunglasses at work, the few times I tried I got tired of wiping the sweat off them. I used to get the Transitions coating on my prescription glasses, but I got tired of that. I paid $345 out of pocket for some progressive glasses today, my vision insurance doesn't cover a new pair until November.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm looking to find a pair of polarized sunglasses for driving since I don't own a pair. The ones I do have are more for water polarization and don't fare too well for the really bad rains we get here in Florida on a daily basis.

I feel like a $20 pair would be sufficient when I look around, but then I also like quality sunglasses and feel like spending under $100 for something I'd be wearing a lot would be pointless.

Help a brother out!

Don't skimp on eye protection.

Unless.... things like glaucoma and macular degeneration are acceptable.

You can always write off them off your taxes, as a unreimbursed work expense.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm looking to find a pair of polarized sunglasses for driving since I don't own a pair. The ones I do have are more for water polarization and don't fare too well for the really bad rains we get here in Florida on a daily basis.

I feel like a $20 pair would be sufficient when I look around, but then I also like quality sunglasses and feel like spending under $100 for something I'd be wearing a lot would be pointless.

Help a brother out!
Maui Jim's here.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I occasionally deliver to places that require eye protection, so safety sunglasses would be my vote. Otherwise I don't wear sunglasses because it makes it too difficult to see into shady areas when you are in full sunlight. And I don't want to keep taking them off and putting them on all day.
The sun we deal with every day is brutal on our eyes.

My eyesight means a lot to me. Still have 20/20 vision. My dad is almost 70 and just wears reading glasses. I hope I'm
The same

Wiconi

I wear Revision Hell-Fly's. You can get them on Amazon for $40-80

I don't wear polarized glasses though, they tend to mess with the ability to look at screens (rvc, diad, phone) and can cause artificats. I have a pair of blue and a pair of red mirror lenses.

Military grade, midpricing, and cool as hell.