What to do when Steward isn't filling grievances and won't give you paper to file new one.

0POP33

I filed a grievance for supervisor working last week for 1 hour.

Now I have it working for 30 minutes again and I have witnesses.

Now the steward tells me she won't give me any more grievance forms because QUOTE "I don't want to cause problems".

Also said; "If you file another grievance they will move you and there's nothing you can do about it".

The steward told me; "what's my problem"

So now the supervisor keeps on working and the steward will not give me grievance forms to document it.

I asked the steward and I was told that my last grievance wasn't filed. I think they threw it away.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Now the steward tells me she won't give me any more grievance forms because QUOTE "I don't want to cause problems".

Also said; "If you file another grievance they will move you and there's nothing you can do about it".

So now the supervisor keeps on working and the steward will not give me grievance forms to document it.

I asked the steward and I was told that my last grievance wasn't filed. I think they threw it away.

Call the union Hal and ask to speak to your B.A ( business agent)

0POP33

You don't need a specific paper to write a grievance. You can literally us a used napkin.

But last time the grievance form the steward gave me was a special Carbonless copy paper which makes 5 copies when you write on it. It also has all those slots for name, seniority, date and stuff. Would I have to rewrite those slots?

So if I write it out on a napkin and give it to her does she still have to accept it? What if she tells me I can't accept that because it's not on the OFFICIAL grievance form.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
But last time the grievance form the steward gave me was a special Carbonless copy paper which makes 5 copies when you write on it. It also has all those slots for name, seniority, date and stuff. Would I have to rewrite those slots?

So if I write it out on a napkin and give it to her does she still have to accept it? What if she tells me I can't accept that because it's not on the OFFICIAL grievance form.
If she says that, she is a fake steward.

LeadBelly

Banned

Google your local union. Find their phone number and call and talk to a business agent.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Google your local union. Find their phone number and call and talk to a business agent.

That is the best thing to do.

Make yourself aware of the Regional, or Local procedure.

If you need help.... just ask. Lots of good Union members here.

Are there grievance forms online that can printed for each local?

I've seen a few. (can't remember which ones)

My Local, is in strict adherence to the Central Region Supplemental language.

And before anyone suggests it;

No.... you should not be able to file a grievance online.

That would circumvent the process.

And, demean the purpose.

-Bug-

hyena

Tell your steward it's illegal for them not to let you file a grievance. You can file a unfair labor practice charge.

Mr. Marshall

I'm pretty sure the OP isn't giving us the entire story. I'm sure the parts he mentioned are true but I feel there are some omissions and perhaps the steward is really covering for him because he is an over-the-top trouble maker. I always say that it's 5 percent of the employees that take up 99 percent of the unions time.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
For every worker others might consider a trouble maker there are probably 10 who won't file on a legit issue if it fell on them due to fear, apathy or brown nosing.

It's generally true that a minority usually make up the bulk of filed infractions. But, the intimidated sheep that won't file still get the benefit of those victorious decisions when they happen and also undermine the rest of the work unit by ignoring winnable grievances.

Bad workers that abuse the system are a problem, but pale in comparison to a weak steward.

10 Pt

For every worker others might consider a trouble maker there are probably 10 who won't file on a legit issue if it fell on them due to fear, apathy or brown nosing.

It's generally true that a minority usually make up the bulk of filed infractions. But, the intimidated sheep that won't file still get the benefit of those victorious decisions when they happen and also undermine the rest of the work unit by ignoring winnable grievances.

Bad workers that abuse the system are a problem, but pale in comparison to a weak steward.
TRUTH.

10 Pt

While you're talking to your BA about the situation ask when stewards elections are.
Tell the BA you want to run for the job for your work area and then do it.

0POP33

I'm pretty sure the OP isn't giving us the entire story. I'm sure the parts he mentioned are true but I feel there are some omissions and perhaps the steward is really covering for him because he is an over-the-top trouble maker. I always say that it's 5 percent of the employees that take up 99 percent of the unions time.

Gosh I would love to owe you money and you tell me that.

When you would ask me for your money back, I would tell you; "Here's your money, but I kept 20% to give it to the hungry children of Africa. It's for a good cause so I knew you wouldn't have any problems with it"

And when you go to court against me I will tell the judge that only an evil person wouldn't help the starving children and that it's people like you that waste the court's time.

I will win and the judge will most likely put you in prison to protect the rest of society from your idiocy.