What we could lose next contract

backinbrown

respect my authority
What we could lose next contract or at least in next ten years.

There is a lot going on with this 9.5 issues, and you have a lot of people filing grievances.

And we have many people who run there lunch, and want to be paid hours worked.

With the economy and what we make, ups will fight for no more guaranteed 8 hrs.

Union will fight when it goes to panel we could lose, they will have plenty of grievances over 9.5 and documentation of drivers running lunch, and there will be a lot of documentation on both issues.

UPS will use these things against us and they could get arbitration to agree with UPS to just pay us hours worked, and goodbye guaranteed 8.

talk of this is going around, just because i am paranoid doesn't mean I'm wrong.

705red

Browncafe Steward
What we could lose next contract or at least in next ten years.

There is a lot going on with this 9.5 issues, and you have a lot of people filing grievances.

And we have many people who run there lunch, and want to be paid hours worked.

With the economy and what we make, ups will fight for no more guaranteed 8 hrs.

Union will fight when it goes to panel we could lose, they will have plenty of grievances over 9.5 and documentation of drivers running lunch, and there will be a lot of documentation on both issues.

How could you lose at panel, when the language is clear?

UPS will use these things against us and they could get arbitration to agree with UPS to just pay us hours worked, and goodbye guaranteed 8.

talk of this is going around, just because i am paranoid doesn't mean I'm wrong.

You speak of what we could lose in the next contract, and these might be some things on the table, but it would never fly.

An arbitrator would not rule against any 9.5s or guarantees because we have these rights!

Your getting way ahead of your self, the next contract is 2013!

backinbrown

respect my authority
You speak of what we could lose in the next contract, and these might be some things on the table, but it would never fly.

An arbitrator would not rule against any 9.5s or guarantees because we have these rights!

Your getting way ahead of your self, the next contract is 2013!

being discussed in my local

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all

We figured she was rich, loaded to the hilt
And we figured she had class like the Vanderbilts
'Cause we had heard for years how she was so well reared
How was we to know they meant the way she was built

Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all

Talking 'bout Lulu

drewed

Shankman
Yea we're not even a year into this contract...its foolish to think about it, especially since the way the economy works out over the next 4 years or so will weigh heavily on what the contract says

tourists24

You guys can call me and I will explain all these things to you about contract changes... I can be reached at BR549....

backinbrown

respect my authority
Not sure what your trying to say. I don't see the correlation between the two issues.

people dont want to work the way the contract is the run there lunches so they get done early there have been alot of over 9.5 greivances more proof we dont want to work

people just volunteering to be pd hours worked

it all adds up

JMO guess i should have kept it to myself

cino321

I doubt UPS would be willing to a agree to something like paying hours worked; the lunch is mandatory it becomes a safety issue; whether you take it or not is another story.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It is talked about that we are in a great depression. That started with a stock market crash in October 29,1929 and hit rock bottom in March 1933. Then with FDR's leadership, we gained momentum in a positive direction.

This downturn lasted 3 years and 5 months. Plus you have to add the effects of a major drought in the midwest that took us down more. Most people believe we started down the depression road in late 2006, early 2007. So there is a great chance by our next contract, the economy will be much improved and growing by leaps and bounds.

I believe the economy now will have no effect on our new contract talks. Just a bunch of chicken littles telling everyone the sky is falling. There is a reason you should be buying stocks and investing right now.

John D. Rockefeller said that "These are days when many are discouraged. In the 93 years of my life, depressions have come and gone. Prosperity has always returned and will again."