What will be an automatic NO vote for you?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So I started the 586th contract thread. However, I’m just curious at what some would consider their line in the sand.
For example:
1) I now feel that if 95 language doesn’t include automatic payment for violations that it renders it useless. And for that “I’m out!” Automatic NO vote.
2) Any signing bonus that coerces a sub par contract. Automatic NO vote.
3) 4 10’s or 3 13.3’s without overtime after 8, AUTO NO!
4) Hybred drivers (I’ll wait to see actual language but as of right now...) HELL TO THE FLUNK NOOOOO!

Poop Head

Judge me.
2,3,and definitely 4. As for your 9/5 scenario, even if it was that way, you'd still have to file for the pay when they "forget" to put it on the check.

Inthegame

I think you'll be voting no.
So I started the 586th contract thread. However, I’m just curious at what some would consider their line in the sand.
For example:
1) I now feel that if 95 language doesn’t include automatic payment for violations that it renders it useless. And for that “I’m out!” Automatic NO vote.
So if you get paid some premium above 1.5X, you're OK? That's where the problem is. We always allow the BS if we get paid.
See above post. 4-10's, 3-13's violate 9.5 but it's OK for the extra day(s) off?
4) Hybred drivers
?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Job elimination as a result of technology is my number one concern. The union seems to have dropped this issue early on in negotiations, so honestly, I'm probably gonna be a no vote.

cachmeifucan

I would like to see more combo jobs that don't involve driving. 705 will negotiate after national so wouldn't it be funny if national passed and 705 voted no. I would need a lot of everyone's help but I think it's a possibility. It wouldn't help other locals until next contract or national pres. Election last year I think our local got 30 22.3 jobs to be filled in last year of the contract. I might be a no vote just because last contract

F

Frankie's Friend

So if you get paid some premium above 1.5X, you're OK? That's where the problem is. We always allow the BS if we get paid.
See above post. 4-10's, 3-13's violate 9.5 but it's OK for the extra day(s) off?
?
?=s bred in a high place.
Ttku

F

Frankie's Friend

For example:
4) Hybred drivers (I’ll wait to see actual language but as of right now...) HELL TO THE FLUNK NOOOOO!
You mean inside jobs (4 10s or 3 13.3'ds?

542thruNthru

For example:

I will vote NO if.
1. They allow the 70hr. Rule (Yes I know it's a federal thing not UPS)

2. They create these so called 22.4 driver/insider jobs.

3. Anything that seems like a large concession. So many rumors flying around I can't be sure what's real.

I'm anxious to see the proposed contract so I can look at it and decide. Though as of right now I believe it will be a NO vote for me.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
?
I don’t care of the premium pay. I think it would ensure UPS to keep drivers under if the pay were automatically administered. UPS is already getting a discount on the people that go on 95 but don’t have the scroat to file.
4-10’s violates or OT after 8.

Tony Q

If the part timers don't what they deserve. That being said, they need to start part-times off at a fair wage that is somewhat uniform. No more of this 11 dollar till year one crap, with an additional .50 cents a year. This was the number one proposal out there. Fix the Part-time poverty wage. Start them now a a good wage that goes up every year. not you start in year three and you make 11 dollars an hour. Also the ones working there now need to be automatically moved up to at least this new wage.

Disclaimer: I am not saying I'm in the know, just prophesiesing. Hey, the late great Ron Carey would want the Part-Time poverty to end NOW...