What will be the outcome of Supreme Court and Obamacare or ACA?

texan

This is not a thread of the merits, nor cons of the Health Care Act (that we need to vote yes and read it later).

The constitutionality of it is before the court.

It passed, and is now before the Supreme Court challenged.

Will it be totaly overturned, and toss out the whole law?

Will it be approved? Will The Supreme Court upholds the entire law?

Will The Supreme Court punt?

Will the Supreme Court strikes down the individual mandate and keeps everything else?

Please I ask no opinions of merit or cons, just what do you believe the decision will be?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It will be upheld but sent back to congress for "refining".

In a 5 to 4 vote with Kennedy being the swing, it passes. There will be some fine tuning afterwards but it will be upheld.

Peace

TOS

texan

Great thought, but I am not comfortable with polls yet sir. Still have one punch on my rookie new person ticket.

You can, no offense taken if you do, or someone else does.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I hope it gets completely thrown out and a real attempt at healthcare reform takes place. The government has no right to force people to purchase anything. If it stays, then what will we be forced to buy next?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I hope it gets completely thrown out and a real attempt at healthcare reform takes place. The government has no right to force people to purchase anything. If it stays, then what will we be forced to buy next?

Giant cucumbers from Mooch's garden!

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, if it gets thrown out, then Romneycare in Mass will be destoyed, too.Simple as that. Personally I think it will be appoved.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think it will pass with Kennedy and Roberts siding with the U.S. government.

Are you all gonna play guessing games 'til June on this matter?? The court has a "secret vote" today, and will write their opinions, but they said we peons won't hear anything 'til June.

bbsam

Staff member
Are you all gonna play guessing games 'til June on this matter?? The court has a "secret vote" today, and will write their opinions, but they said we peons won't hear anything 'til June.

Silly. That's what this thread is about. Please see title of thread.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Yes, we will wait til june because after today's vote , the opinions need to be written, then passed to all judges, some may write their own opinions too , at which time some could/would change their votes, and then when they are ready the public is notified.

brett636

I will say I am 75% certain they will find the mandate unconstitutional and as a result will strike down the law as a whole considering it lacks a proper sever ability clause. Many good points were brought up by the justices from the audio I heard, most of which, had poor or no response by the government's lawyers.

Personally I don't see how they can't strike this law down. To find it constitutional would be spitting in the face of what our founding fathers intended for this country.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

Frocks in burlap bag tan with simple rope belt.