What will get you fired at UPS?

El Correcto

god is dead
For the last 3 years of driving and 3 years of part time I have been told multiple times I will be fired. I have only been fired once, for a “cardinal sin” and got my job back within 30 days.

I’m wondering what will get you the walk of shame for good at this company and what are just bull:censored2: threats?

El Correcto

god is dead
I haven’t been threatened or received a warning letter in months. It’s kind of spookie. I’m very honest, I don’t steal, professional with my customers and when I drive I drive, no distractions or crashes.

Brisket

I haven’t been threatened or received a warning letter in months. It’s kind of spookie. I’m very honest, I don’t steal, professional with my customers and when I drive I drive, no distractions or crashes.

Keep it that way. Means you are not even on their radar...yet.

El Correcto

god is dead
Keep it that way. Means you are not even on their radar...yet.
Oh trust me I’m on the radar. The second I do something there will be no cover up. I’ll be out that door so fast my head will spin. If you file on them consistently you are on the radar, they just won’t bother with minor harrassment to speed you up, since it will only slow you down.

El Correcto

god is dead
So are you pt or ft?
Ft driver for three years. The only thing I’ve seen someone get fired for is theft. We had a driver lay a beating on a supervisor who touched him got back pay, heard of multiple crashes still working, different fights job back I just don’t get how they can fire you at this place. It’s a nut house.

killamjl

Ive seen someone get canned for good coming to work stoned...a driver...never got his job back and the union always reminds us that they cannot protect us from excessive call-ins

So my list is the big 5, in order of severity

1. Theft (Time, Property)
2. Drugs/Alcohol
3. Dishonesty (Accidents, Recording, Time)
4. AWOL
5. Excessive Accidents/Collisions

El Correcto

god is dead
Ive seen someone get canned for good coming to work stoned...a driver...never got his job back and the union always reminds us that they cannot protect us from excessive call-ins

So my list is the big 5, in order of severity

1. Theft (Time, Property)
2. Drugs/Alcohol
3. Dishonesty (Accidents, Recording, Time)
4. AWOL
5. Excessive Accidents/Collisions
That’s very true, drugs didn’t even cross my mind. Being a part timer though, I’ve seen guys drink of the job, go get stoned in the parking lot during break, show up on herion falling down and unable to lift boxes. Drug abuse is definitely a problem in the twilight sort.

El Correcto

god is dead
Smoke some pcp and drive that package car like you stole it
Only if I can be Denzel and my On road is Ethan hawk.
2adqD0x.gif

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
That’s very true, drugs didn’t even cross my mind. Being a part timer though, I’ve seen guys drink of the job, go get stoned in the parking lot during break, show up on herion falling down and unable to lift boxes. Drug abuse is definitely a problem in the twilight sort.
Well duh we gotta cope w mgmt hitting the crack pipe like it's going out of style somehow

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
What were you originally fired for? Whenever I say I need help or a pickup covered my sup says “if I have to send help it’s not gonna be good for you or your job” I think he likes me

El Correcto

god is dead
What were you originally fired for? Whenever I say I need help or a pickup covered my sup says “if I have to send help it’s not gonna be good for you or your job” I think he likes me
When I was about a year in I told a supervisor about small sort sending a box back over and over while we were trying to wrap up unload. He suggested I slightly open it and send it back then tell him when it comes back. So I did and then I showed it to him when it came back. He said okay and came back with the Hub Manager. I was fired for “theft” and told I’d never work for UPS again. I went down to my union hall as soon as it opened the next day and told them what had happen while it was fresh in my mind. I got my job back with out back pay. The camera had showed me working with my supervisor, then opening half a box top and without digging in it putting it on the smalls sort belt.
I was honestly pretty shocked about the whole thing I was new and under 20 years old. Didn’t understand why the box couldn’t be retaped after it came back. I learned a bit from that experience, mainly to appreciate my union and not trust what managers tell.

El Correcto

god is dead
Man you have never worked the midnight sort. The Twi sort are a bunch of angels.
We had a midnight sort for my last peak season as a part timer, I’d pull doubles on it. It was a complete :censored2: show a seasonal shift full of seasonal employees. It was pretty much UPS inviting loonies from neighboring ghettos to come Christmas shopping at the hub.