What will you vote? Yes or No?

What is your choice on the new agreement?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BMWSauber1991

As many of you folks may have heard a tentative agreement has been approved by both UPS and International Brotherhood of Teamsters to be voted upon by us the people that pay both of there salaries. Are you satisfied with the little bit of speculative information we have received about our economic issues, or do you feel we have been kicked while we where down once again?

Feel free to voice any opinions below on why you voted "yes" or "no" and if your vote was based on economics issues, healthcare, or some other reason you feel is important in your decisions.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No one should know what they are going to vote yet.

I'm not pleased with the economic parts but there's plenty of other contract language that could possibly make up for that.

BMWSauber1991

As I said "the little bit of speculative information", I am just trying to get an idea on where other people stand on the issue so far.

Overpaid Union Thug

No one should know what they are going to vote yet.

I'm not pleased with the economic parts but there's plenty of other contract language that could possibly make up for that.

I'm basing my "NO" vote on the fact that I saw the first proposed contract a while back and not one thing that I think we should have gotten was in it. The economic portion wasn't really a factor for me. I'm happy with our healthcare in Central States too so that's not a factor either.

BMWSauber1991

Thank you for voicing your opinion big_arrow_up! I might add this poll should be focused on the agreement entirety, not just economic issues.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thank you for voicing your opinion big_arrow_up! I might add this poll should be focused on the agreement entirety, not just economic issues.

The problem is we don't know anything else.

Wages progression and moving to union healthcare is all we know.

As of now what I KNOW it's a no vote.

BMWSauber1991

The problem is we don't know anything else.

Wages progression and moving to union healthcare is all we know.

As of now what I KNOW it's a no vote.

I put a 7 day span on the poll, I don't know if I can extend the time span but hopefully we can find out more in the days to come to make this poll more feasible outlook on what people want.

trickpony1

I'm concerned that our insurance, once we retire, may go from $400 a month (me and wife) to a rumored $800-$900 a month (me and wife). Yes, I am in the coveted CS area (sarcasm).
My paltry $3000 a month pension minus taxes and insurance isn't gonna go very far.
Why should I retire and receive such a pittance?

.....and, no, I don't want to hear about how I should have saved over the 30 years of employment. My post isn't about that. Thanks though.

rudy5150

raises, healthcare, and progression all worse than last contract. LOOK AT THE RECORD PROFITS and we are supposed to accept this?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm in Central States and I noticed that the 30 year $3000 a month pension will go up to $3200 a month in 2014 and increase to $3400 at the end of the deal. Also no co-pays with the health insurance for active members, which is also an improvement over the current CS Health Plan. We are currently paying $400 a month for a married retiree for health insurance, I'm am interested in seeing what the new deal offers. I turn 55 next month and just got my letter back from the UPS Pension Dept, which says I can get $2900 a month if I decide to go out next month. So I am currently thinking about working to at least May 2014. If I work until August, I will have enough reports to earn an extra 6-7 weeks vacation pay for the following year as a retirement bonus.

upsdude

No idea! I'm currently in Joint Council 83 for both insurance and pension. Not sure if this new yet to be ratified contract will move me to the CS plan. Planning to stick around 4 more years (with 30 total) and retire at 3500 a month, very very curious where this deal lands me.

pretender

I'm in Central States and I noticed that the 30 year $3000 a month pension will go up to $3200 a month in 2014 and increase to $3400 at the end of the deal. Also no co-pays with the health insurance for active members, which is also an improvement over the current CS Health Plan. We are currently paying $400 a month for a married retiree for health insurance, I'm am interested in seeing what the new deal offers. I turn 55 next month and just got my letter back from the UPS Pension Dept, which says I can get $2900 a month if I decide to go out next month. So I am currently thinking about working to at least May 2014. If I work until August, I will have enough reports to earn an extra 6-7 weeks vacation pay for the following year as a retirement bonus.

If you do make it to May 2014, then you can make it to August--that vacation pay is a nice bonus!

BMWSauber1991

I love being a Teamster! We need to get our balls back, and be the envy of the organized labor community once again.

I couldn't agree more, we make both UPS and IBT possible. The only way we can improve our working conditions is to band together and not except anything we don't see fit.

Nimnim

The Nim
As it stands now, I would vote no. I've not seen anything in the speculation and rumors that wows me enough to vote yes. When the TA is released for me to read I'll read the whole thing and may change my stance, but until then it's a no. I cannot vote yes in good conscience without actually knowing for sure what's in it.