What would you consider as age harrassment

The Milkman

Yeah he kind of did lol, thanks for the kind word Milkman, it's nice to hear casual conversation from people every once in awhile. I understand what your saying, to be honest I came into the job with high expectations on my shoulders, I have two friends who work at The center I do, they have both been there over 20 years and put in a good reference for me and told them I'll work hard, so I came into the job and they pretty much tried to test me from the beginning to see if the talk my friends said was true or not. Well being the person I am, I'm not going to let them know I'm :censored2: because I have more than I can handle, I personally try to look at it in a good perspective, a perspective in which "if I have more trucks to load, there's more time" so I do gain about 10-15 minutes each day by having a heavier load. I don't give my sups any lip or argument like the other co-workers do because I know they aren't really the one who controls the whole ordeal, it's the upper management, all in all I'm just thankful to have a job, I have no reason to complain at all. If/when I do make full time I don't plan to burn it up, that just causes for careless mistakes and accidents. As a loader I don't see why I shouldn't be expected to work hard, that's what i get paid $11hr for instead of $7.25, agian thanks for the kind advice.

Yes the ones in Atlanta pull their strings.Sad because a lot of mgrs I saw come and go for the most part were ok and I got along with them. After I got a 3 day suspension for an unreported accident.( I knocked over a lampost with my p500, was backing up a curved driveway and the post was shrouded in bushes and was hard to see..The husband said don't worry about it..It was old and needed to be replaced anyway, I will fix it..Well a month later his wife calls and tells UPS what I did after her husband filed for divorce and did not fix it like he said he would) From that point on if I so much as bent a blade of grass on someones property I reported it! Lesson learned... The Division MGR who gave me the time off told me 3 things to make it at UPS...........#1.Come to work everyday..#2..Be here on time..And #3..Do the best job you can.......fairly simple things to do..If you can do your job whether it be 3,4,or 6 trucks....... and you feel good about yourself just be aware as you know...the company will push you to your limits so just work smart and safe and if you can do that....You may someday retire like many of us did.......

HardknocksUPSer

Yes the ones in Atlanta pull their strings.Sad because a lot of mgrs I saw come and go for the most part were ok and I got along with them. After I got a 3 day suspension for an unreported accident.( I knocked over a lampost with my p500, was backing up a curved driveway and the post was shrouded in bushes and was hard to see..The husband said don't worry about it..It was old and needed to be replaced anyway, I will fix it..Well a month later his wife calls and tells UPS what I did after her husband filed for divorce and did not fix it like he said he would) From that point on if I so much as bent a blade of grass on someones property I reported it! Lesson learned... The Division MGR who gave me the time off told me 3 things to make it at UPS...........#1.Come to work everyday..#2..Be here on time..And #3..Do the best job you can.......fairly simple things to do..If you can do your job whether it be 3,4,or 6 trucks....... and you feel good about yourself just be aware as you know...the company will push you to your limits so just work smart and safe and if you can do that....You may someday retire like many of us did.......
Oh dang, that really is dirty of someone, I've heard many stories of unreported things coming back to bite people, seems like it's Deffinately best to report everything. Thanks for the words of wisdom, I've slowed down abit from when I first started after I realized it's impossible to keep up at all times, and I was having misloads and ect... Now since I've slowed down the load quality is better and I'm not threatened as much for having misloads since my misloads have almost disappeared. I'm 30 minutes early almost everyday, I try everyday, I just want to make a career out of this. College isn't my thing and flipping burgers don't pay enough. This job regardless of what anyone says is a good one, there's not another place I could go that's better at the moments, thanks agian, your a cool dude milkman!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I hardly have misloads anymore, maybe 2-3 a week at MOST, I never claimed I know anything, must less EVERYTHING I merely stated a personal opinion. Don't give me that bull:censored2: about respect, y'all have got to be some of the most disrespectful people I've ever encountered. In a post I recently read Cosmo even admitted to being a :censored2:. And BB you have always gave me a hard time so of which I deserved and some of which I didn't. Either way I know y'all are just blowing off hot air but damn..

Show me, please.

The Milkman

Oh dang, that really is dirty of someone, I've heard many stories of unreported things coming back to bite people, seems like it's Deffinately best to report everything. Thanks for the words of wisdom, I've slowed down abit from when I first started after I realized it's impossible to keep up at all times, and I was having misloads and ect... Now since I've slowed down the load quality is better and I'm not threatened as much for having misloads since my misloads have almost disappeared. I'm 30 minutes early almost everyday, I try everyday, I just want to make a career out of this. College isn't my thing and flipping burgers don't pay enough. This job regardless of what anyone says is a good one, there's not another place I could go that's better at the moments, thanks agian, your a cool dude milkman!

When I started I never thought of it as a career..I was kicked out of High School, so looking back I feel blessed to have made it. Ups put me where I am today, retired and in for the most part Sunny Arizona by way of Jersey..Went through all the growth spurts of Ups...NDA started, was on paper long before diads, 50 lb weight limits, interstate shipping problems, venturing into Germany and Europe, going public etc etc. Sorry to say that Power steering showed up late for me and a lot of others ..lol..Good luck

HardknocksUPSer

When I started I never thought of it as a career..I was kicked out of High School, so looking back I feel blessed to have made it. Ups put me where I am today, retired and in for the most part Sunny Arizona by way of Jersey..Went through all the growth spurts of Ups...NDA started, was on paper long before diads, 50 lb weight limits, interstate shipping problems, venturing into Germany and Europe, going public etc etc. Sorry to say that Power steering showed up late for me and a lot of others ..lol..Good luck
Wow that's pretty freakin crazy, seems like those could have been both good and bad days, most likely better than worse, I'm glad you've had a good career, you seem to deserve it and have put in a lot of service, much respect, thanks!

HardknocksUPSer

Show me, please.
It was jibbs not you
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1422665252.331335.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Didn't the logo change before 2000?
It changed in 2003 after the stuff that was not being sold on ebay, quit being sold on ebay. LOL
And I am sure that is why. It was such a big hush. They wanted to call it a hoax. It was not. I have proof.

Last edited: