What would you do ?

UPSGUY72

Went to a Grocery store today had 3 package 1 for the pharmacy, a NDA pay checks that get delivered to service desk, and a box of shoes that get delivered to the back of the store.

I stop at the back door ring the button wait a couple of minutes no answer then get back in the car and drive around front and go to the service counter. I put the pay checks and shoes down and and hold the package for the pharmacy. The guy at the front desk ask what are theses I say paychecks and a pair of shoes. He consults with a person in the back room and tells me that he isn't signing for the shoes I have to go around back. I tell him I was already there no one answered the door. He them says I'll call someone to meet you. I tell that ok I'm not going back you can sign for them or I'm sending them back. He says his boss said not to sign for them. I delete the shoes from the DIAD and hand it to him he signs his name I take the shoes and head toward the pharmacy. On the way sheeting the shoes as refused other refused to sign for. He must of thought I was joking.

I ran it by one of my SUP's a couple of hour later and he agreed I did the right thing.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yeah, refused on the shoes, inside delivery for the pharmacy, and you got the sig front desk for paychecks. Let them fight about it amongst themselves, that's the only way it will get fixed and keep you out of the middle of it.

Btw sounds like a Kroger or some type of grocery store. Mine tried that one time, it was the last time.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I have done the same as you. Had a package for the dock, and lotto tickets for the customer counter. delivered to the dock, and when I went to the customer service desk, the girl said they have to be signed for in the back. i told her she can sign or they get refused. She called the lady in back who said for me to go back to the dock. I restated my point and began to walk out.

People change their minds pretty quickly when you stick to your guns and threaten to leave the store and send their package back.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
25 years ago i;d have sent them back. Now..............I remember I am paid by the hour and will go to the original spot. IMO it isnt worth pissing someone off and having to deal with them wanting to play "getback " every time i deliver there

AKCoverMan

We have chain of grocery stores have posted hours at their receiving door in back of like 0600-1100. Heck I'm still running air at 1100 (were noon commit here).

Most of routes I cover I have talked with route drivers most of then have reached a peaceful settlement with these stores mostly involving exception for us to deliver later (seems they are there after 1100 but don't want to take new truckload delivery after 1100).

But if for whatever reason they won't answer i sheet it closed and we will be back tomorrow.. If it's not big bulk stop I will attempt in inside (Often going in anyway) but I'm getting a stop for the attempt in back.

On some routes it's easy to run these stores along with the air in the morning others it's not. I won't have another customers NDA be late so grocery store gets their ground before 1100.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We have chain of grocery stores have posted hours at their receiving door in back of like 0600-1100. Heck I'm still running air at 1100 (were noon commit here).

Most of routes I cover I have talked with route drivers most of then have reached a peaceful settlement with these stores mostly involving exception for us to deliver later (seems they are there after 1100 but don't want to take new truckload delivery after 1100).

But if for whatever reason they won't answer i sheet it closed and we will be back tomorrow.. If it's not big bulk stop I will attempt in inside (Often going in anyway) but I'm getting a stop for the attempt in back.

On some routes it's easy to run these stores along with the air in the morning others it's not. I won't have another customers NDA be late so grocery store gets their ground before 1100.

I had a Kroger tell me a few years ago they wouldn't take deliveries after 1030 so i left Delivery Notices each attempt and after 3 attempts RTS'd the package. after about 2 weeks of this I was suddenly able to take everything to the customer counter

Borderline 9.5

I would have recorded as ni1 at the back door and left a notice. Then went to the front to make my other deliveries and let them know I was at the back door with no response. They could sign for or it not. Repeat tomorrow.

brownrod

had a grocery store with several inside businesses. Grocery store manager says you cannot come in the front door. Only the back... Crazy recieving hours. sometimes closed as early as 9AM. NDA for inside delivery. 9AM receiving closes. Cl1 on back door. They really needed that NDA. huge fiasco. can go in the front door now.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Had that happen once, wouldn't sign...refused RTS. Sup backed me and next day the manager of store asks where his special part was. Told him it must have been what was refused the day before. He flipped his lid and began pissing and moaning demanding to see a sup and get corporate's number.

Too bad, so sad...sup backed me and off I went.

brownrod

I showed up to a grocery store 5 minutes after receiving closed. Lady said "I refuse delivery." sent them back. I actually felt bad because she didn't know that meant they would go back. Should have told her before I sent them back. It was another fiasco. This was holiday stuff.

boxthrower

I showed up to a grocery store 5 minutes after receiving closed. Lady said "I refuse delivery." sent them back. I actually felt bad because she didn't know that meant they would go back. Should have told her before I sent them back. It was another fiasco. This was holiday stuff.
That's too funny.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ArcherUTR

NI-1 would be my approach and try the backdoor tomorrow ... unless send-agains are the flavor of the month.

I agree with the Not Ready 1 as stated previously, just not between the hours of 12-1.

According to my CMgr it is only for call tags, but I feel way more comfortable on an integrity level with Not Ready rather than NI1 or CL1 when the business is truly open.

Attempt the next day, anything else is pretty hot headed.