What Would you Do?

Give up your seat?

• Hell no! I paid for my seat and I need to get where I’m going.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

On Monday morning, Delta Airlines oversold a flight and as a result, offered eight passengers $10,000 to give up their seat. Also, the major airlines are warning everyone that flying this summer will be fraught with flight cancellations and delays because of pilot shortages, personnel shortages, etc. With that said, how likely are you to give up your seat if offered a substantial amount of cash?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

On Monday morning, Delta Airlines oversold a flight and as a result, offered eight passengers $10,000 to give up their seat. Also, the major airlines are warning everyone that flying this summer will be fraught with flight cancellations and delays because of pilot shortages, personnel shortages, etc. With that said, how likely are you to give up your seat if offered a substantial amount of cash?
Very likely

over9five

Staff member
Be hard to pass up 10 grand.

I tell you tho, I am so happy we're driving to my cruise at the end of the month. Every day, so many flights are canceled...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
For $10,000 I would give up my seat if it didn't interfere with any important plans. That would be $20,000 counting my wife. I've flown four times in my life, three times to Honolulu and once to Salt Lake City. I would rather drive and see the sights if I can make it there in one day.

oldngray

nowhere special
For $10,000 I would give up my seat if it didn't interfere with any important plans. That would be $20,000 counting my wife. I've flown four times in my life, three times to Honolulu and once to Salt Lake City. I would rather drive and see the sights if I can make it there in one day.
If I had nothing urgent going on I would take the cash too.

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife and I were once offered $2,000 each to give up our seats on a flight from Texas to Mn. and guaranteed seats on a flight out in 4 hours . We jumped at the chance and were thinking of all the extra free trips to see the grandkids we could get for $4,000. At the very last second before they shut the gate door they announced that they had found seats for us on that plane- so we were stuffed in like sardines and had a miserable trip back home.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Hell yeah! I'd take the $10k then spend it as fast as possible since its value halves daily with this brandonflation.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Wait?

He's straight?!
burn-kelso.gif