What would you like to see.

Integrity

Binge Poster
1. The ability to have a real life.

2. Take care of our own.
menotyou,

The ability to have a life is really not something that can be spelled out in a collective bargaining agreement.

What is hindering you from having a more abundant life.

What do you mean "Take care of our own" ?

Sincerely,
I

menotyou

bella amicizia
The ability to have a real life means not clocking out after 8-9 p.m. every night.

"take care of our own", means when you are injured on the job, they find work for you. TOW, or Permanent.

When linemen for National Grid are permanently injured, they drive around reading meters.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
When linemen for National Grid are permanently injured, they drive around reading meters.
UPS will never agree to better language for those hurt on the job. When UPSers are permanently injured, they happily dismiss them and hire someone else for less money.

What is hindering you from having a more abundant life.
Why am I surprised by your question? We worked only 4 days this past week. I logged over 13 hours of O/T this week. The earliest I arrived back home from work was 9:15pm. The latest was 10:15pm. Saturdays are spent in a vegetative state of exhaustion. Sundays are spent trying, unsuccessfully, to catch up on chores that couldn't be performed during the week. Quality family time...What's that? Quality "Me" time...same thing, it doesn't exist anymore.

brownelf

idrive is right. My idea to reduce OT is triple time for anything over 9 hrs. It must be economically impossible for the company to want us to work OT, that's the only way it will ever get reduced. JMO

705red

Browncafe Steward
The 9.5 language MUST be changed to automatic payout if you work 3 days over 9.5 in a workweek. If you do not want to be on the 9.5 you should have to sign a sheet asking for the OT instead.

Any injured employee that is off work for more than 1 year because of disagreements between IME and their Dr, or delays in getting procedures approved my Liberty Mutual, UPS's risk management etc, should remain under their current medical benefits and continue to receive pension payments up to returning to work or leaving the company.

No 22.3 should be laid off if any part of their job is being performed by a part time employee.

I would like to see the starting pay for part timers increased to at least $10 per hour and a 3 year progression instead of 4, as well as more in raises per year than currently receiving.

No subcontracting of any work if any fulltime employee is on lay off.

We need stronger language to stop UPS from moving 22.3 jobs across the conutry to areas that have lower pension contributions or cost of medical benfits. Each area should have a number of jobs that should be honored at all times.

Just a few ideas that come to mind currently.

upsgrunt

This may seem trivial, but I'd like to see a ride-a-long program where drivers are allowed 2 riders per year, of their choice. Of course the riders would have to sign a waiver and would be unpaid. I'd love to have my dad, while still alive, actually see what I do and for my wife to see why I'm always tired.

Brownsfan

idrive is right. My idea to reduce OT is triple time for anything over 9 hrs. It must be economically impossible for the company to want us to work OT, that's the only way it will ever get reduced. JMO

And you guys think they are pushing production now. Imagine what it would be like if your rule got passed. Scary

brownelf

let them push, do you foolishly believe that the company will ever be happy with our production numbers and stop harrassing us?

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
This may seem trivial, but I'd like to see a ride-a-long program where drivers are allowed 2 riders per year, of their choice. Of course the riders would have to sign a waiver and would be unpaid. I'd love to have my dad, while still alive, actually see what I do and for my wife to see why I'm always tired.
I've had this same thought over the years, but UPS would never agree to that. The only way would be for your wife, or father if he is still physically able, to apply for a position as a driver helper. They could ride and help for a day and then quit like so many others do at peak season.

just_a_number

imho we need to have a better union to have a better contract...i dont know how it is in other parts of the country but up here in new england my local doesnt do **ck for its members

browniehound

This is a great idea, so thank you for sharing it! When I began reading the thread I expected the common and obvious answers and I did see them. I would love to take my daughter to work one day just to show her my job and let my co-workers see my beautiful child I am always bragging about. I would love to have her as a DR helper in a few years but I'm afraid she is too frail for the job and would not want to embarrass her or myself if she couldn't make it.

However, I would love for her to see UPS and what I do so she will choose college over this. I want to say "look honey if you don't go to college and get great grades you will be forced to do this for the rest of your life".

After this I would just like to see more money. The conditions are what they are. They are never going to change. However, if we as UPS drivers are forced to be the best dressed, groomed, productive, efficient, hardest working and produce the greatest profit in the end then I believe we should receive the highest wage possible. I say leave the contract as it is but pay us more.

Why not? UPS is increasing its profit quarter after quarter. I understand we are the highest paid in the industry but me are by far the most productive. A Fed-Ex driver gets a comparable wage although its less than a UPS driver's-but its not less by much. However, the UPS is 3-10 times more efficient and/or productive than a Fed-Ex driver.

Whether ground or air we out-work them without any effort. For example my industrial UPS route is covered by 3 Express drivers and one FE ground driver. The FE express driver in the morning, then him delivering the NDA saver and 2-day air equivalent. Then there are to FE express drivers doing pick-ups that I cover myself. Then the FE Ground driver covers my area plus 2 other UPS driver areas.

So in other words, Fed Ex is Paying 3 guys to do the job I do in one day. Add it up and it sounds like Fed-Ex is paying at least $75/hour to run my route when UPS is paying me $30.34/ hour.

In light of these facts I say we should all get a $1/hour raise even though we are worth more and its good business for UPS to pay more. Seriously, we work that much harder and produce that much more than Fed-Ex.

I would love to see a FE driver get an OJS on one of our routes for one day for shoots and giggles. The guy would quit 9/10 times.

More money because we truly deserve it. We really do...