What would you tell them?

ChrisTheBrown

Haven't worked the past few days...I have to call in every morning, around 07:30, to see if I'm needed to drive. At this point, I'd rather just go back on the preload, where I'd at least get a guaranteed 3.5- 4 hours of work..Made some alright money for about a month during peak, but it's obvious that things are getting back to normal now. Can't be sitting at home anymore wondering if I'm gonna be working or not. I'm just frustrated, & want to know what some of you guys would do. Also, did some of you senior drivers get jerked around like this in your early days? I'm so sick of it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Haven't worked the past few days...I have to call in every morning, around 07:30, to see if I'm needed to drive. At this point, I'd rather just go back on the preload, where I'd at least get a guaranteed 3.5- 4 hours of work..Made some alright money for about a month during peak, but it's obvious that things are getting back to normal now. Can't be sitting at home anymore wondering if I'm gonna be working or not. I'm just frustrated, & want to know what some of you guys would do. Also, did some of you senior drivers get jerked around like this in your early days? I'm so sick of it.

Sent using BrownCafe App
What's your title? Are you FT qualified or a temp?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Sent using BrownCafe App
If your fulltime they have to give you your guaranteed 8 hours. If they don't grab your steward and file a grievance, its that easy.

fres431

I don't understand how your locals agree to this call in crap? They need you driving if not you go to part time and the lowest part timer gets laid off then you are utility in seniority order.

ChrisTheBrown

I'm not ft...PT preloader/ cover driver. I qualified as cover driver last summer...Haven't worked preload in about 6 weeks now.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Sent using BrownCafe App
We all went through It.

ChrisTheBrown

Last week I only drove/ worked Tuesday & Wednesday..Just gotta tell them to put me back on preload. I only have 1 1/2 years PT seniority, but I'm still ahead of about 5 preloaders in my center. Seems like the waiting process will never end. I just want to work, & work consistently.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ChrisTheBrown

True being a tough spot but his original title is loader he would still have his contractual guarantee. Our loaders can drive after working in the morning so I don't see why he wouldn't be able to drive (if needed).

I've done that once before, went out & drove after working preload...It's what they should be doing, scheduling me to work preload & have me drive if needed...Which would be the smart thing to do, guess that explains why they aren't doing it that way. I'm just over the whole cover driver thing, honestly. This is my life, & they're seriously making it very miserable for me right now..& I can't let them do that.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ChrisTheBrown

@ChrisTheBrown, have they told you you cannot drive if you load in the morning or are you being placed on call for just driving?

They haven't told me that I can't drive, if I was scheduled for preload...I've never heard anything about that from any management..Basically I've just been scheduled on an "as needed" basis to drive, since peak started...I'm just advised to call in every morning at 07:30, to see if I'm needed...I assumed that I'd be back on preload by now, but apparently I still gotta do this for another week or two..

Sent using BrownCafe App

browner89

They haven't told me that I can't drive, if I was scheduled for preload...I've never heard anything about that from any management..Basically I've just been scheduled on an "as needed" basis to drive, since peak started...I'm just advised to call in every morning at 07:30, to see if I'm needed...I assumed that I'd be back on preload by now, but apparently I still gotta do this for another week or two..

Sent using BrownCafe App

Instead of calling, show up. If your center isn't too far away that is. Worst they do is send you home, best case another driver sees you there and decides to take the day off and suddenly you've got work.

It's a lot harder to get work if noone knows you're willing to work for them.

ChrisTheBrown

Instead of calling, show up. If your center isn't too far away that is. Worst they do is send you home, best case another driver sees you there and decides to take the day off and suddenly you've got work.

It's a lot harder to get work if noone knows you're willing to work for them.

Last time I did that, supervisor told me that I gotta call ahead first...So, I've already gone that route. I've yet to see any senior driver in my center give up a days work to a lower seniority driver.

If I told them I just wanna go back to preload, could they take away driving from me altogether? Simply because I won't be their little dancing puppet anymore?

Sent using BrownCafe App

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Ask to go back to preload but bring your browns with you just in case. We have a guy in a similar situation in my center and he always seems to end up driving even though they say they didn't need him. Funny how much stuff seems to go wrong with that last hour... Sometimes what ends up happening is the guy will work preload and then run our big bulk route which gets him to about 1130, then he delivers misloads for an hour or two.