Whatcha drinkin'?

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Back in 2001, my brother entered a contest to win an all expense paid trip to Denver to attend the Great American Beer Festival. He won, and since his wife at the time didn't drink, he asked me if I'd like to go with him. Of course I did! We attended the event both Friday and Saturday nights and I've been a fan of craft beers ever since. I'm not a "beer snob", but I'd rather have a good IPA over a cheap lager any day.
Anyway, I'm starting this thread so that beer lovers like me can share their favorites.
Out of the hundreds of breweries represented at the GABF in 2001, the one that impressed me the most was Dogfish Head. Tonight I'm drinking their 120 Minute IPA. So, what are you drinking?
IMG_20140627_093846.jpg

CaliforniaPaul

Back in 2001, my brother entered a contest to win an all expense paid trip to Denver to attend the Great American Beer Festival. He won, and since his wife at the time didn't drink, he asked me if I'd like to go with him. Of course I did! We attended the event both Friday and Saturday nights and I've been a fan of craft beers ever since. I'm not a "beer snob", but I'd rather have a good IPA over a cheap lager any day.
Anyway, I'm starting this thread so that beer lovers like me can share their favorites.
Out of the hundreds of breweries represented at the GABF in 2001, the one that impressed me the most was Dogfish Head. Tonight I'm drinking their 120 Minute IPA. So, what are you drinking?View attachment 14006
Ketel One rocks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He won an all-expenses paid trip to Denver and took you rather than his wife because she doesn't drink?? Denver is a beautiful city and it would have made for a nice get-away for them. It's not like you were going to spend all of your time at the beer fest.

oldngray

nowhere special
Denver can be very nice unless although pollution gets bad when there is a temperature inversion. Just up in the foothills to the west looking down on Denver is a spectacular view.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
He won an all-expenses paid trip to Denver and took you rather than his wife because she doesn't drink?? Denver is a beautiful city and it would have made for a nice get-away for them. It's not like you were going to spend all of your time at the beer fest.

My point was I am sure the wife would have loved to have gone on the trip.
It was her suggestion to take me instead. I don't know why and I didn't argue with her decision. We rented a car and spent the days touring the area. Drove to the top of Mt. Evans (14k'), watched the elk sparring, toured Coors brewery, etc. At night, we went to the festival and sampled as many of the 1500 different beers as we could. :beersmiley:It was a great trip. You're right about a nice getaway for the wife. I have plans to take my wife there someday soon.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My point was I am sure the wife would have loved to have gone on the trip.

Why is this your business?

It's not but I know that if I had won a similar trip and had decided to take someone other than my significant other I would have been in the dog house for a very long time.

I added the first quote to show why quoting out of context is frowned upon.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Out of the hundreds of breweries represented at the GABF in 2001, the one that impressed me the most was Dogfish Head. Tonight I'm drinking their 120 Minute IPA. So, what are you drinking?View attachment 14006
Good choice its in my top twenty iPa s as its rated a 97 on beer advocate as world class which puts it the ranking as 233 slot. Sucks , Sculpin, dirt wolf, and centennial rotate in the fridge constantly. Torpedo stays in the fridge at all times since its 13.49 . Anxiously awaiting celebration.Cheers!