Whatever Happened To

rod

Retired 22 years
The search option was trashed because nobody ever used it. Want proof. Check out how many threads there are on where to buy socks. Every idiot out there started one of those threads.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The search function? Don't see it since the board was upgraded.
Not yet. I've been going through installing updates and deleting excess files etc. That's how I broke the built in search function eariler today. :surprised: A little while ago I installed google's custom search to use as a bandaid until we move to the new server.

The server update is scheduled for next week, hopefully Monday. I'm paying the server company to move us over, then there's a guy named Matt in the UK that is going to update xenforo (the program that runs the forum) and make sure it's all running properly. He's great, I've been relying on him for several years. If anyone needs a referral for someone that is great at managing servers and xenforo I highly recommend him.

Sorry for the annoying outages etc. We need a bigger better server, so it has to be done.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The search function? Don't see it since the board was upgraded.
I broke the search while trying to clean up on the admin side. I tried to regenerate the search index but the file got so big it knocked the site offline. :wince:

We're moving to the new server on Monday. The latest version of xenforo will be installed whenever the tech guy that does that for us has time to do it. Probably early next week. I'll have him fix the search too.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I broke the search while trying to clean up on the admin side. I tried to regenerate the search index but the file got so big it knocked the site offline. :wince:

We're moving to the new server on Monday. The latest version of xenforo will be installed whenever the tech guy that does that for us has time to do it. Probably early next week. I'll have him fix the search too.

Appreciate it! Thanks.