What's Christmas season like for preloading?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Largely depends on your center but I've heard similar things.

The difference is that there's a lot more PCs docked, a lot more people running around and a lot more part-time, inexperienced pre-loaders putting overweight bulk stops on the 1000 shelf.

Alligator

Alien Aligator Here For Your Package
I worked for a smaller center a few years ago and it was hell. But each place is different so just be ready to work harder and if you don't have to then consider yourself lucky

jaker

trolling
I guess tell fail to mention how long you will be working

The loaders here where working 15hr days , so yeah might be easier but might be a lot longer

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you can work at your pace . safely and using the methods that you were trained on.

it's the companies responsibility to hire more people for the increased volume.

don't let them push you around.

GenericUsername

Peak season is the same as any other day. You come in, load cars, take a short break regardless if you are working for 3.5 hours or 8 hours, work the second half and go home. There's more boxes and more routes, so more people. Lots of new people are hired, very few stay afterwards. Some people will walk off the belt and quit, some will wait until break and never come back.. If you're loading 3 cars and 900 pieces right now, chances are it's going to maybe increase 100 pieces or so. The belt speeds don't change and you wait on work some days. Most days you don't get off until after start time because trailers are late, planes are late, or whatever the other reasons may be.

Bonus points if you know how to drive a package car as you get taken off of preload and get the chance to drive for a few days to 12 weeks if you're one of the lucky ones. Otherwise, you work preload and go home, or work preload and go out on a route as a helper or on a golf cart...