What's Christmas season like for preloading?

Brisket

I'm looking forward to it. I've been told by my fellow co-workers that it is easy since you can start at 12 and if you need any help they will provide it to you since they will have an extra 10 people on the boxline. Sounds like easy money to me.

Good luck with that....

Waiting for the " I worked one week and they told me they would call if they need me to work" thread.

snarts

Good luck with that....

Waiting for the " I worked one week and they told me they would call if they need me to work" thread.
I'm right in the middle of the seniority list and never been sent home before. I don't see how I would be sent home during the busiest time of year.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Can't wait until they become extinct.

Its funny. Any driver I ever loaded for never really minded the job. I've done work for one and got piss drunk and he still didn't complain. I feel like this where the internet takes you when you google "ups sucks" and people sign up and stick around. I work at a major hub too

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Really bs for what reason , do you live in socal for you to say such a thing or you just think you know it all

Remember not ever driver or every hub works in the bubble of goodness

So don't believe me because it didn't happen where you are at
Dave has only ever had ONE job with UPS, which he hobbled off the street into. He thinks he got it because hes better than everyone else. Best to ignore him.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dave has only ever had ONE job with UPS, which he hobbled off the street into. He thinks he got it because hes better than everyone else. Best to ignore him.

Hobbled?

I was hired as I was the best candidate and promoted within the parameters mutually agreed upon by the Union and Company.

PTers working more than 12 hours, let alone 15, just ain't gonna happen in my center.

timster24

I have worked as a seasonal driver and driver helper before, but never the preload side of things for peek and should be driving again this year, but in my center you start about 3 hours earlier and work until its done, once the drivers come on they usually help wrap the cars up. If I work preload I am not looking forward to the increase of packages, I typically load about 1000-1300 pieces on my set now, depending how many cars I have. hate to see how it would change.

On a side note I wish vacation season would return, I hate preload