xmute

Let me start off by saying that I'm a fairly new driver. This is my second peak that I've been a part of. With that being said, it mind boggles me how a company of this satire can be so ran so poorly. It's like they don't even try when it comes to peak. Yet the boast about delivering boxes for 110 years but they don't learn from past years.

Everyday when I come in my peak route is blown up with 250 stops and 400+ pieces in a little diesel. I keep telling them they can cram as much stuff as they want in my truck as they want but if i can't find it what's the point? How come they don't understand that productivity goes way down when they do this. They pay me for 14 hours a day and I'm lucky to get 170 stops done due to this. It's super frustrating that we are given a pile of :censored2: that we can't work with and at the end of the day it's still a pile of :censored2:. Am I alone on this or am I the idiot here?

What's so hard to get?

Last edited:

Box Ox

I keep telling them they can cram as much stuff as they want in my truck as they want but if i can't find it what's the point?

For management, it’s all about passing the buck and making it another day. Just do what ya can and don’t let it bother you if coach is calling :censored2:ty plays.

Dumbo

I've been doing 400-500 pieces in a rental and every time I open the back door for the first couple hours about 5-10 packages come tumbling on to the snowy icy roads for everyone to see. Last week I couldn't even use my Diad for any sort of trace as there was no order, just literally a massive pile floor to ceiling of boxes in a rental. I just did the best I could and pulled the biggest pieces and ran them until I could step into the truck.

I agree it's counterproductive. If there is that much volume I would think it would go faster to load 3/4 of it and then have you come back for the rest when empty. Without an ability to sort or find packages so much time is wasted. But hey, If they want to pay me to spend the whole day looking for packages or reloading the ones that come tumbling onto the ground at every stop I guess that's up to them. It's all the same pay rate.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Let me start off by saying that I'm a fairly new driver. This is my second peak that I've been a part of. With that being said, it mind boggles me how a company of this satire can be so ran so poorly. It's like they don't even try when it comes to peak. Yet the boast about delivering boxes for 110 years but they don't learn from past years.

Everyday when I come in my peak route is blown up with 250 stops and 400+ pieces in a little diesel. I keep telling them they can cram as much stuff as they want in my truck as they want but if i can't find it what's the point? How come they don't understand that productivity goes way down when they do this. They pay me for 14 hours a day and I'm lucky to get 170 stops done due to this. It's super frustrating that we are given a pile of :censored2: that we can't work with and at the end of the day it's still a pile of :censored2:. Am I alone on this or am I the idiot here?

What's so hard to get?
I've been doing 400-500 pieces in a rental and every time I open the back door for the first couple hours about 5-10 packages come tumbling on to the snowy icy roads for everyone to see. Last week I couldn't even use my Diad for any sort of trace as there was no order, just literally a massive pile floor to ceiling of boxes in a rental. I just did the best I could and pulled the biggest pieces and ran them until I could step into the truck.

I agree it's counterproductive. If there is that much volume I would think it would go faster to load 3/4 of it and then have you come back for the rest when empty. Without an ability to sort or find packages so much time is wasted. But hey, If they want to pay me to spend the whole day looking for packages or reloading the ones that come tumbling onto the ground at every stop I guess that's up to them. It's all the same pay rate.

I'm really sorry to break it to you guys, but what you both describe is what peak is suppose to be like.
It was a lot of hard work, a smaller area, and packages slammed into every nook and crannie.

The problem is that drivers would take it to another level and enjoy delivering with a helper.
Now we get slammed every single day, January to November, there is no extra gear anymore.
Atlanta and IE feel they can exponentially keep adding stops and cutting routes, eventually EVERYONE will lose including them.

onehandsolo

In my center they have rented storage pods and use large rentals to keep from blowing out a lot of residential routes. The driver either dumps some packages in the pod or has half stops loaded on a huge rental truck that also has packages for several routes in the area. It must be working we were the only center not rolling packages in our district.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
In my center they have rented storage pods and use large rentals to keep from blowing out a lot of residential routes. The driver either dumps some packages in the pod or has half stops loaded on a huge rental truck that also has packages for several routes in the area. It must be working we were the only center not rolling packages in our district.
We do the same thing. A shuttle brings about 1/3 of your work at some point in the afternoon. Makes it tolerable at least.

lolbr

In our center, they use large bags to sort part of trucks to (7000's and 8000's are dispatched heavier than other sections). Those bags then go on a rental with bags from 3-4 other routes. The rental gets parked out in the area near those routes. When the drivers are done with the first part of their load, they drive to the rental and grab more of their packages.

Dumbo

I have an idea to help with the volume. Pay a resident a nominal fee to sign for and hold packages for the entire neighborhood. Make them apply sort of like an Uber driver, give them $50 a week and then drop off the entire neighborhood of packages there.

Dhydratd

I'm really sorry to break it to you guys, but what you both describe is what peak is suppose to be like.
It was a lot of hard work, a smaller area, and packages slammed into every nook and crannie.

The problem is that drivers would take it to another level and enjoy delivering with a helper.
Now we get slammed every single day, January to November, there is no extra gear anymore.
Atlanta and IE feel they can exponentially keep adding stops and cutting routes, eventually EVERYONE will lose including them.
^^THIS^^
Exactly! We would all pitch in and go the extra mile for UPS during peak because it only lasted 4 or 5 weeks. This year, I was burned-out and exhausted before peak even began. And now they added a 6th punch. I'm probably at about 50% productivity right now with 2 more weeks to go.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I have an idea to help with the volume. Pay a resident a nominal fee to sign for and hold packages for the entire neighborhood. Make them apply sort of like an Uber driver, give them $50 a week and then drop off the entire neighborhood of packages there.
No one wants their huge :censored3:ing trampoline left at a house down the street.