What's the difference

DougH

So I've heard talks about hubs and centers, what's the difference? The ups I'm trying to get a job at it a customer center. Any pros and cons as far as employment goes?

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

Hubs are the central point in state/area that packages for that state/area pass through and sorted to the different centers. Another way to think about it is like a bicycle wheel; hub is the axle, and the centers that hub services are the spokes.

DougH

Okay I think I get the idea now... Thanks... so will there be any benifits to working at a center rather than a hub?

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

I work at a hub that has two centers, and that is the way to go. Centers alone are generally smaller with not as much chance to advance as fast, or to change jobs. There may be less people ahead of you in a center, but not as many openings every year. Feeder jobs are mainly based out of hubs.

DougH

:censored2:, I couldn't even guess where the hub is for my area. Might be stuck climbing the ranks at the center.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigBeef42

Hub is the building itself.

Centers are where the pc's report to.
The loop they deliver, part of town.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Indecisi0n

Hubs are the central point in state/area that packages for that state/area pass through and sorted to the different centers. Another way to think about it is like a bicycle wheel; hub is the axle, and the centers that hub services are the spokes.
Who are the valve stems?