what's the job title picking up boxes at the drop boxes late afternoon?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Don't really have such a job in my location. The only pters that pick up a letter box is the building air shuttle guy. And he's an air driver. Air drivers start at 12.50. in 24 months they make 24-ish...I forget the exact number...maybe 24.60?

UPSGUY72

Usually there are call FT driver that Start around 9:00 am and finish around 7 or 8 PM. In some locations they have Combo driver Air / inside workers. that will pick sweep certain business and letter boxes at night.

We have two position that work from like 5:00pm to 9:00pm then are given a two hour break then work from around 11:00pm to 3:00am. There is a grievance going through the motions about the two hour unpaid break between shifts.

As a FT driver I'm picking up letter box while working OT so at that time I'm making $48.39 hr.

BrownArmy

We have several full time Air Drivers, who pick up letterboxes and certain accounts that FT drivers can't make (five-hour shift?).

But those guys/gals have been there for a MIGHTY long time, make $27 an hour, and you can't get that job.

I've had to cover one of those shifts last minute...thirty plus letterboxes with a few office pickups sprinkled in: two towns in a three and a half hour span...it's a mad dash, I thought I was going to lose my mind.

wayfair

swollen member
you must be close to an airport. Our nda/INT has to be back to the building by 8 pm M-T, Nda Sat has to be back by 7Pm

I had a letter center route before the '97 strike... closed that whole department after...

Funtimes

honestly I have no idea how it all works. major airport is 2 hrs away and I know someone goes to the airport sun-thur night so maybe that guys takes it to the airport on the graveyard shift

BrownArmy

How could it be a 5-9 shift? What happens if someone drops off air?

That's actually the entire point...

There are dropboxes with 19:30 close times, most of which are picked up by the PM air driver team.

The FT drivers in that area are WAY too busy cleaning up the sixty+ housecalls they have left after their last 18:30 pickup...