Whats the latest on the contract

konsole

I'll admit the main reason I ask is because its getting a bit old waiting for that $500 pay check due to raises being on hold since last August. I'm in Local 25 Northeast and wanted to know whats holding up this contract from being finalized? "Be patient you'll get that check eventually" is what I hear, but hasnt 7 months been patient enough?

upschuck

No it isn't. It may very well be another 7 months or longer before everything is finalized.

I bet you the things that you would have bought with the .70/hr you would have gotten, would have been gone long ago and forgotten. Now you can get something nice with your check. Patience is a virtue.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Ohio is voting on their rider this month. Local 89 will be sending out ballots for the company's last, best, and final offer at the end of March. West PA and the Philly Air Rider are on hold.

My retro check is over $750 and I'm PT.

konsole

I guess it begs the question why is the contract not more split up into different regions so that 95% of the country doesnt have to wait and wait and wait for the other 5%?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I guess it begs the question why is the contract not more split up into different regions so that 95% of the country doesnt have to wait and wait and wait for the other 5%?

Bargaining under a single National Master Agreement gives us more leverage at the table and (in theory) keeps the company from trying to pit local against local. The threat of 250,000 Teamsters going on strike is much greater than, say, 10,000. That leverage is why we have National Master Agreements.

That being said, each region/local has their own set of issues and needs some measure of autonomy. The only way to get the locals to agree to a Master Agreement was to allow them some level of control locally, hence why we have the supplemental agreements and riders. The Master Agreements, per the IBT constitution, cannot be fully ratified until all supplements and riders are passed.

Attachments

• 1976 Strike_Edited.gif
    1976 Strike_Edited.gif
    106.4 KB · Views: 176

TheFigurehead

I'll admit the main reason I ask is because its getting a bit old waiting for that $500 pay check due to raises being on hold since last August. I'm in Local 25 Northeast and wanted to know whats holding up this contract from being finalized? "Be patient you'll get that check eventually" is what I hear, but hasnt 7 months been patient enough?

The rights of your fellow teamsters far outweighs your need for a retro check. Chill out. The money is yours, and you will receive it when the contract is settled. It's good to know that you would gladly sell out the entirety of your union for a few bucks, however.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
As Piedmont stated. It may be close to a yr. My worry is when it finally does pass. What a mess with the back time with 3 raises possibly,Also OT. I keep my hrs each day but, not looking forward to making sure we get paid the correct amounts.

konsole

The rights of your fellow teamsters far outweighs your need for a retro check. Chill out. The money is yours, and you will receive it when the contract is settled. It's good to know that you would gladly sell out the entirety of your union for a few bucks, however.

"chill out"
"me vs. everyone else"
"only a few bucks"

I would take your exaggerations seriously except that I'm not really that upset about it all, there are plenty of people that feel like its past time to finalize the contract, and between probably $250 for new hires and as high as $1,500 or $2,000 or so for full timers isnt exactly a "few bucks"

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think many are forgetting that retro check will be taxed. I'm a FT driver who has put in some serious hours and I'm not expecting that check to be anything life changing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think many are forgetting that retro check will be taxed. I'm a FT driver who has put in some serious hours and I'm not expecting that check to be anything life changing.

I am hoping that we will get at least two weeks notice on the check so that I can make some adjustments to ensure I get the most I can out of the check.

UPSGUY72

I am hoping that we will get at least two weeks notice on the check so that I can make some adjustments to ensure I get the most I can out of the check.

Your going to be paying taxes on that money one way or the other. It's going to be an additional check one week just like how they pay us are vacation...

govols019

You smell that?
"chill out"
"me vs. everyone else"
"only a few bucks"

I would take your exaggerations seriously except that I'm not really that upset about it all, there are plenty of people that feel like its past time to finalize the contract, and between probably $250 for new hires and as high as $1,500 or $2,000 or so for full timers isnt exactly a "few bucks"

Upset enough about it to come here and start a thread about it seems.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your going to be paying taxes on that money one way or the other. It's going to be an additional check one week just like how they pay us are vacation...

True but I can soften the blow my changing my W-4 to 9 and lowering my 401k to 0 for that paycheck, the same as I do for all of my vacation checks.

Seanh123

Is bs us part timers barely making minimum wage have to wait on the rest of these inconsiderate greedy people just to get our raises....