Little background on me:
I sort the primary and often get taken away to sort smallsort.

So the most senior fulltime supervisor runs smallsort. He brags about how his numbers are great and how he is third in the nation.

He demands that every single box that gets sent to smalls gets bagged. I'm talking 22lb boxes. Small rugs. You name it.
These larges are crushing letters. Folding envelops and even causing major leakers.
Isn't the point of smallsort to protect the smalls as well as divide the work????
So whomever is sorting the SS return slide can surely count on 70lb bags full larges that should of been sent to be loaded in the first place.

This :censored2:ing guy won't even tell his baggers to put the bags label up. I've mentioned it to him again and again. And he wonders why the return must be jogged.
How hard is it to go to each bagger and say listen it's real important you need to put the labels up. And go to the sort asile and sayliste. It's very important nothing over 8lbs or bigger than a shoebox to smallsort?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Smalls are supposed to be 8 lbs or less or smaller than a certain dimension which I can't recall at the moment.

The smalls sort would yell at us if we put 22 lb packages in to a forever bag.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Little background on me:
I sort the primary and often get taken away to sort smallsort.

So the most senior fulltime supervisor runs smallsort. He brags about how his numbers are great and how he is third in the nation...
Lol Sup bragging about the small sort of all things! Who else thinks this sup never gets l:censored2:?

ff0b76131f9e5980456862a4b562d41ef1d0540f01ac7eca8c65d32d2ffdea07.jpg

Oak

Smalls are huge! 16" x 16" x 7" and smaller, 8 pounds and less.

We get a ton of 8" x 8" x 8", which aren't technically smalls. I am told to bag them because the hub our volume goes to calls them un-bagged smalls.

mazda8616

I have to ask or commit / in my day again outsider looking in from a private shipping vendor / everything was in writing / black and white / that it / we had meeting after meeting to insure mangers did not deviate from written fact. And even today it should be black and white.Sorry that this is going on. I,am completely stupid about this,but change has to be made.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I have to ask or commit / in my day again outsider looking in from a private shipping vendor / everything was in writing / black and white / that it / we had meeting after meeting to insure mangers did not deviate from written fact. And even today it should be black and white.Sorry that this is going on. I,am completely stupid about this,but change has to be made.

IMG_1139.JPG

AlphaMikeBravo

I did a short stint in small sort a few years ago. One of the easiest jobs in the hub. They usually put the old ladies up there along with the other workers who really sucked at loading trailers. The senoirity workers would always hog all the gray "forever bags", cause we always ran out and then we would have to use the plastic. And then they would fight and complain if they had to float instead of parking their butt at one set of bins. I didn't mind the work itself but I hated the environment.

Anyways, the reason the full time supe wants to bag as much as possible is because it boosts his numbers. Smalls gets paid out on how much they bag and they don't care much for quality anymore. It's all about collecting that bonus at the end of the year. Pretty much goes for all of UPS operations. Why try and build nice walls in the trailers to secure the packages when they can just go with the fastest load rate guy and make their numbers? So yeah there may be a few casualties as far as crushed parcels, but they don't care, their making money. UPS is one of the only few businesses that get paid up front before the job is done.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Who are you international man of mystery????