What's the REAL tattoo policy? Does anyone know?

boxhandler

What is the real policy with visible tattoos? I can't find in my Nor Cal contract where it says no tattoos visible. I have been driving almost 8 years now and they are now saying I have to wear pants to cover the ink on my calves that I've had for 10 years. Nothing offensive either. They are my boys names. Personally I feel judged and discriminated. I know not everyone likes tattoos but really, I've cut down on my backing and follow Orion. Can't we just be left alone to do our job?

Everyone has an opinion. Like it or not this is mine.

UPSGUY72

What is the real policy with visible tattoos? I can't find in my Nor Cal contract where it says no tattoos visible. I have been driving almost 8 years now and they are now saying I have to wear pants to cover the ink on my calves that I've had for 10 years. Nothing offensive either. They are my boys names. Personally I feel judged and discriminated. I know not everyone likes tattoos but really, I've cut down on my backing and follow Orion. Can't we just be left alone to do our job?

Your not going to find anything about Tattoos in the contract...

Has you management team changed recently.....

The policy about tattoo's and appearance standards varies by location well at least the enforcement of the set standards varies. In some place you can get away with things and other you can't it all comes down to your management team....

HomeDelivery

don a pair of these with your shorts next time:

0000569_bsn-jobst-sensifoot-diabetic-knee-high-mild-compression-socks-small-large-brown-closed-toe-unisex-la_300.jpeg

then, lets hear those wolf-whistles while you strut to your package car...:backingout:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pr-sz-LARG...nee-High-Stretch-Socks-8-15mmHg-/200817672204

Box Ox

In Article 58 of the National Master: "It is agreed that employees must strictly comply with the Employer's regulations concerning personal grooming and appearance and the wearing of uniforms and accessories."

So it's whatever UPS says its regulations are. Maybe the regulations changed recently. Maybe there's been lax enforcement at your location in the past.

Rainman

Its all good.
Always had to be covered where I am...drivers wear long sleeve shirts all year long if tattoos are on their arms. I know a couple who have to.

Sent using BrownCafe App

boxhandler

I wear long pants, (no tattoos); it won't kill you.

Everyone is different. Long pants are very uncomfortable for me to work in. I've worked delivery for a total of 15 years always in shorts. When it rains my legs dry faster than pant legs. And when our temperatures hit 110 I'm not "as" miserable.

Z

ZQXC

Everyone is different. Long pants are very uncomfortable for me to work in. I've worked delivery for a total of 15 years always in shorts. When it rains my legs dry faster than pant legs. And when our temperatures hit 110 I'm not "as" miserable.

You made a choice to get the tattoos. Now you may have to accommodate an employer who is making a choice.

I wear big boy pants, I have a big boy haircut, and I show up clean-shaven everyday. No tattoos, and no desire for trendy facial hair; guess I'm just a vanilla type of normal.

boxhandler

You made a choice to get the tattoos. Now you may have to accommodate an employer who is making a choice.

I wear big boy pants, I have a big boy haircut, and I show up clean-shaven everyday. No tattoos, and no desire for trendy facial hair; guess I'm just a vanilla type of normal.

And I'm not judging you on that. I was asking about policy. I'm glad I got you opinion though. Thank you. Btw Vanilla ice cream is my favorite.

brownburro

Tattoos aren't for everyone. I get it. The fact is 40% of the population have them nowadays. UPS preaches safety and "Cool Solutions", here in Norcal summers stay over 95 degrees for four months straight. Walking around in long pants or sleeves for ten hours a day seems to be in direct contrast to the safety standards. And for what?