What's the REAL tattoo policy? Does anyone know?

HomeDelivery

Mine are high socks. I did pull that. And missed the rental car he was driving on the observation today. Didn't have time to pull them up out on route.

so it would have been a non-issue if you flaunt your "knee-highs" all day?

maybe just one sleeve on the affected calf...

same with arm tats/ short sleeve uniform shirt w/ these sport compression style on the 'tatt-ed arm?!!

Last edited:

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Always had to be covered where I am...drivers wear long sleeve shirts all year long if tattoos are on their arms. I know a couple who have to.

Sent using BrownCafe App
If they aren't sleeve tattoos you should suggest wrist bands of some sort. When me and my buddy did Sat Air, he had one tattoo on his forearm and he just put one of those wrist sweat bands over it and was good to go.

HomeDelivery

Who knows????

Everyone has an opinion. Like it or not this is mine.

that's not what i meant... it would have been a non-issue if you kept it covered the whole day while that sup was ghosting/tailing/following you

& greengrenades, i did saw a UPSer w/ one of those compression sleeves over his tat on one arm while wearing short sleeve uniform shirt <shrugs> gotta WAD and follow their directives, no matter how antiquated it is

Indecisi0n

I did my own tattoo. Took a long time but I got pretty good:

funny-gay-tattoo-design.jpg

Pickles

I've seen full sleeves (legs and arms with shorts and short sleeves) on a Feeder driver in Omaha once. That would never fly at my hub.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Just cover them up. Isn't there tattoo "makeup" that you can put on that won't sweat off. I love how guys with tats complain about how they're "targeted" because of their ink and they feel like they should get an exception.

I sweat like a mother in the summer, should I get to run around with no shirt on because I think I'm special?

over9five

Staff member
Not even when you have company?

Nope, never.

And I wish they'd enforce ALL the appearance guidelines. Remember when appearance meant something? You'd HAVE to have your shoes shined. You'd HAVE to have a presentable uniform.

A couple of things that irritate me:

Instead of the brown stocking cap, I see many drivers with a black cap, or a cap with their favorite sports team on it.

UPS t-shirts in the summer. Are you kidding me? T-shirts?? I know you can buy them, but they shouldn't be used for drivers while working.

One guy here wears a pull over brown sweatshirt that is full of holes. Looks like a family of mice has eaten away at it.

One guy wears a fuzzy tan vest. Day guy, too.

Where's management? Why don't they care about appearance anymore?

As for tattoos, PERSONALLY I think they are unprofessional. But I don't care which way it goes in the appearance guidelines.
EXCEPT, I think it should be the same for all of us. None of this "grandfathered in" BS. Either we can ALL show them, or none of us can. We're brothers, not grandfathers.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Remember when you couldn't wear your uniform off the clock. You couldn't even wear your ball cap to and from work.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Remember when you couldn't wear your uniform off the clock. You couldn't even wear your ball cap to and from work.
In my building...that is still the rule. It's only enforced for new drivers tryin to make book. And the only lovely driver who for 20+ years...walks in everyday carrying his neatly pressed uniform on a hanger....lol

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I used to change pants before and after work but now with my crappy knees I wear my browns home rather than make the climb up to the locker room.