What's the REAL tattoo policy? Does anyone know?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Nope, never.

And I wish they'd enforce ALL the appearance guidelines. Remember when appearance meant something? You'd HAVE to have your shoes shined. You'd HAVE to have a presentable uniform.

A couple of things that irritate me:

Instead of the brown stocking cap, I see many drivers with a black cap, or a cap with their favorite sports team on it.

UPS t-shirts in the summer. Are you kidding me? T-shirts?? I know you can buy them, but they shouldn't be used for drivers while working.

One guy here wears a pull over brown sweatshirt that is full of holes. Looks like a family of mice has eaten away at it.

One guy wears a fuzzy tan vest. Day guy, too.

Where's management? Why don't they care about appearance anymore?

As for tattoos, PERSONALLY I think they are unprofessional. But I don't care which way it goes in the appearance guidelines.
EXCEPT, I think it should be the same for all of us. None of this "grandfathered in" BS. Either we can ALL show them, or none of us can. We're brothers, not grandfathers.
8-funny-halloween-costume-UPS-guy.jpg
I wonder if he's wearing ups socks? lol

Island

The appearance policy isn't very enforced in my hub. Guys show up with jewelry, wrong colored sucks and undershirts all the time, wearing not-brown hats, wrong shoes... the only thing they really do enforce is tattoos here. There's a cover driver who has been stuck in cover driver hell for like 10 years who has both arms covered, so he has to wear a long-sleeve black underarmour shirt every day. I would argue that having the underarmour logo on your neck would be a violation but they don't seem to make him do anything about the logo. All they care about is the tats.
There's also a bunch of drivers in my hub, shuttles and day, who have hair that's too long. And I have seen more than a couple from time to time come in and drive with far more than sandpaper.
Really it's just a tool for mgmt harassment. They don't care until they have targeted you for something else.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The appearance policy isn't very enforced in my hub. Guys show up with jewelry, wrong colored sucks and undershirts all the time, wearing not-brown hats, wrong shoes... the only thing they really do enforce is tattoos here. There's a cover driver who has been stuck in cover driver hell for like 10 years who has both arms covered, so he has to wear a long-sleeve black underarmour shirt every day. I would argue that having the underarmour logo on your neck would be a violation but they don't seem to make him do anything about the logo. All they care about is the tats.
There's also a bunch of drivers in my hub, shuttles and day, who have hair that's too long. And I have seen more than a couple from time to time come in and drive with far more than sandpaper.
Really it's just a tool for mgmt harassment. They don't care until they have targeted you for something else.
there's a few male drivers in my building with long hair down to their shoulders...they just tuck it under a ups cap. My opinion...that's sloppier looking than a tattoo.

overallowed

A little off-topic, but another appearance violation that appears to be gaining speed is the droopy pants look. Saw driver from another center and belt line for pants was at crotch level. Compensated for it by wearing a much-too-big shirt. But he did have some flaming orange underwear on. No reflective tape, though. But I do think enforcement of appearance seems to be more of a flavor of the month thing.