What's the steps to filling a greviance?

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
August 31, 2016 I double shifted on the day sort for 4 hours and wasn't paid for those hours worked. I spoke to two different pt sups on the day shift who had me write down my name, hours worked, and employee ID# and they ensured they would put my time in so I could get paid. Well guess what, needless to say I still haven't got paid for those hours... I've also spoken to a union steward in my hub about it and all he says is "Let me talk to him (sup) and see if he'll pay you for those hours worked". As I am tired of the run around and it going on 4 weeks what/how do I go about filing a greviance to get paid and would I be entitled to penalty pay?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

10 days from the date the incident occurred?

Yuppers.

That would be 2 pay periods. More than enough time to report the shortage and then file the grievance when the error was not reconciled.

As I said, you are entitled to the 4 hours, but not the penalty pay as you failed to file in s timely manner.

gorilla75jdw

Get a grievance from the steward, file article 17 and put "ongoing" in the description so that you get penalty pay for every week they do not correct it .

35years

Gravy route
Yuppers.

That would be 2 pay periods. More than enough time to report the shortage and then file the grievance when the error was not reconciled.

As I said, you are entitled to the 4 hours, but not the penalty pay as you failed to file in s timely manner.

Have you ever filed a grievance Dave?

The "occurrence" happened September 9th when he did not receive his full pay.
That would give him until the 19th to inform management of the "occurrence".
He said he talked to 2 sups who said they would make sure he got paid.
It is very likely he spoke to them before the 19th.
He also spoke to a steward, perhaps before the 19th.

It sounds like he was missing pay on the 9th, informed management and steward the following week (11th to 17th).
After reassuring him he would be paid his hours, they failed to cut a green check.
If this is the case, I would venture to say he satisfied the 10 day requirement by informing management by the 19th, but they failed to resolve it in a timely manner.
Their failure to adjust his pay for the 16th (or cut a green check) could be considered the "occurrence"
The OP should file ASAP, and ask for the penalty pay, along with wording that makes it clear this is ongoing.

Filing immediately would not hurt, and would only expedite the process.

If for example he was harassed one month ago and the harassment is ongoing, do you think he lost the right to file just because the first occurrence was a month ago? The shortage is ongoing. File.

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer

It sounds like he was missing pay on the 9th, informed management and steward the following week (11th to 17th).
After reassuring him he would be paid his hours, they failed to cut a green check.
If this is the case, I would venture to say he satisfied the 10 day requirement by informing management by the 19th, but they failed to resolve it in a timely manner.
Their failure to adjust his pay for the 16th (or cut a green check) could be considered the "occurrence"
The OP should file ASAP, and ask for the penalty pay, along with wording that makes it clear this is ongoing.

If for example he was harassed one month ago and the harassment is ongoing, do you think he lost the right to file just because the first occurrence was a month ago? The shortage is ongoing. File.

Well said! This is exactly how it happened.