What's you predictions for the Ohio rider?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I really don't care one way or the other (despite) my signature below. It's their rider, it's their choice.
But my guess is, it will pass, barely.

AndUPSER

I hope it passes I'm tired of these guys in my local passing out vote no

Which is why if there is heavy turnout from local 100 it will fail. I have noticed my local has been passing out pamphlets specifically toward PTers to vote no. Some will blindly follow, some will have no clue about the Ohio Rider and throw away the ballot.

Also, I have noticed vote no to keep your healthcare pamphlets. As of my understanding, this is the last vote on the Ohio Rider and the next vote is the "strike" vote. Even if that passes, IBT will not allow that to happen and we will be stuck with what we got.

O/C

It will be close no matter, high seniority hub, feeders and package voting "NO" in our local. I am afraid that we just opened pandora's box for our future early retirement hopes if this contract passes, smells like the "82" contract. History repeating itself.

So you think it will pass even though you were passing out vote no literature. Very interesting
20140311_082236.jpg

'Lord Brown's bidding'

It will be close no matter, high seniority hub, feeders and package voting "NO" in our local. I am afraid that we just opened pandora's box for our future early retirement hopes if this contract passes, smells like the "82" contract. History repeating itself.

What happened in '82? And you guys under the OH rider can still retire at 25, I.e. retire early?

O/C

What happened in '82? And you guys under the OH rider can still retire at 25, I.e. retire early?

The "82" contract was the establishment of the two tier pay scale. It was the first time or only time that we had a signing bonus, (1,000 full time/500 part time). The funny thing is that Jim Casey passed around that year and had it in his will to give every employee (union or non) that amount of money as a gift. I guess somebody from corporate decided to use it as negotiation tool.

Trying to drive home a point that if you vote bad language in a contract, it will haunt you forever and never improves, gets worst in fact.

Yes we have a 25 year age 57 (2,500) clause in the IBT/UPS pension plan (2,000 prior to age 57). The deductibles and co pays after 2016 will cost us about 4,000 a year, forget about the 80/20 for major medical. We lost ground big time.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Yes you guys got murderered. Not being able to get benefits till your 57 is BS. In the West we have the Golden 80, which is your age plus years of service and retire w full benefits. If we would have gone into that TEAMGarbage Care we would have lost that.

Stonefish

Yes you guys got murderered. Not being able to get benefits till your 57 is BS. In the West we have the Golden 80, which is your age plus years of service and retire w full benefits. If we would have gone into that TEAMGarbage Care we would have lost that.

Explain the golden 80 and is it just for health care

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
For example, if you got hired at 20 years old you qualify for retirement at age 50 w full benefits. 50 years old plus 30 years of service = Golden 80.