Whats your input on this ?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
t I'll full throttle a package car when I try again thanks.

let us know how that works out for you
Lmao

They obviously don’t like you for whatever reason
Here’s some advice keep your head down and Mouth shut do the job like there’s a Supe sitting in the jumpseat

charlie22

Just playing devil's advocate here, but what's he going to grieve? He worked while on break. If they really wanted to be dicks, they could get rid of him for dishonesty. This is one of those times its better to just suck it up and learn from his mistakes.
If people got fired dishonesty, oh man a lot of people would be out of work. 😂 Plus this seems to be your only argument.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I know if I was his shoes I would've been dq on the spot bc I'm not white.

I'm going to tell you something and I know it's going to sting...

Stop blaming the rest of the world for your problems because as you put it, you're not white. YOU GOT DISQUALIFIED BECAUSE YOU WERE DISHONEST.

Zowert

Car washers and the people that move package cars at our center are always bumping into stuff, never heard of them losing their job because of it. If he rear ended a private vehicle that would be a different story, but if it’s UPS property hitting each other it’s up to the company. A lot of times they’d rather bury it than make an issue out of it, unless they’re looking for a reason to get rid of you.

As far as working on your break, man... You really should have just, well, took your break. On lunch or ten minute breaks my package car is off and I’m not touching anything, no sorting, nothing. Once in a while a customer will come up to me during my lunch and ask for a package they’re expecting. I don’t want to be a jerk and say, “I’m on lunch you’ll get it when you get it.” Especially since I see the same people every day. So I’ll clock back in, sheet their stuff, then clock back out on lunch.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
You have a driving job buddy congrats, it's bc probably privileged too 😂. I tend to read things really fast btw and has nothing to do with my reading comprehension. Also it was a I one time thing and was my first time driving to so I didn't know. So before you think your automatically better than someone else your not. IDC if it's about failure or not it equality my guy bc I know if I was his shoes I would've been dq on the spot bc I'm not white. So next time I'm going hit the rear of a package car and get the same consequence bc damaging company equipment is okay to this guy. Simp.

UPS hates all of us equally. If you haven't figured that out by now, you haven't been paying attention.

Off to ignore with your woe-as-me victimhood BS, too.

dogs.bite.me

So ramming something and causing damage to property is part of a qualified driver? Okay I'll remember to rear end another car when I go back to drive again, plus my work place don't tell me jack squat on what dq you and yes I know I work dishonestly, and it was one time bc I didn't know. But thanks on your input I'll full throttle a package car when I try again thanks.

you do realize that doing something dishonest is worse than an accident don’t you?

dogs.bite.me

You have a driving job buddy congrats, it's bc probably privileged too 😂. I tend to read things really fast btw and has nothing to do with my reading comprehension. Also it was a I one time thing and was my first time driving to so I didn't know. So before you think your automatically better than someone else your not. IDC if it's about failure or not it equality my guy bc I know if I was his shoes I would've been dq on the spot bc I'm not white. So next time I'm going hit the rear of a package car and get the same consequence bc damaging company equipment is okay to this guy. Simp.
So you got DQ because you are not white.
The guy who rear ended the other driver had a supervisor on car and could very well say that it was unavoidable.

You’re not always a victim. Take accountability for your own faults, and better yourself for next time.

like it’s been mentioned. If they wanted to, they could have fired you for dishonesty and the union wouldn’t have a leg to stand on to get your job back.

learn from this. And next time be above board.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Take the chip off your shoulder, put your head down and work

Ackerlin

You :censored2:ing tool, you even listed the reason for your DQ, but still putting the blame on whitey. With your mindset you wouldn't have lasted anyway. Oh look I got 275 stops, cause I'm black, damn preloaders didn't load my truck right, must be racists.

Brisket

So it was your first time driving, didn’t you go to class where they explicitly explained that you are NOT to work on your break? Even worse if you moved the truck ONE INCH while being punched out for lunch, what would you have done if something happened while you were ‘on lunch’ and working?
Guess you missed the part in class where they told you that everything you do during your day is tracked...

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Not to add insult to injury, but they are qualifying people at my center who work through their lunch. It’s basically a requirement. They tell you a lot of things in intergrad and mentoring about not working off the clock. But then the sups tell you if you don’t scratch then you don’t get the job. If they want to hire you they will look the other way on a lot of stuff, but they can’t pull the trigger on a hire who is paid over every day. Obviously I stopped working through my lunch once I got the job. But even the stewards will look the other way during people’s 30 days.

And no, nobody ever told us that the handbrake was adjustable either. Luckily I figured that one out myself.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Some brotherhood lol

Also, every veteran driver I talked to during my 30 told me come in early to sort your truck, and work through your lunch. This was not some young runner, but 20 year guys who follow the methods and don’t work off the clock. Had one guy tell me that no matter how good you feel about scratching, do not take an actual lunch until day 31. They have 30 days to jerk you around and then you have 30 years to stick it to them.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I've been disqualified for delivering a few boxes on break is my back story I heard recent news that a new driver that was still on his 30 days, with a supervisor riding with him, he rammed the rear end of another package car. As I was told if you hit something it's instant DQ and he still driving. My coworkers that are driving told me and said the management was trying to keep it on to low and told my coworker not to tell anyone. When I was told I was furious. What do you guys think I should do? Or should I do nothing at all or file a grievance?

Maybe the supervisor enjoyed watching. That’s why they kept it on the down low.

churn n’ burn

Me and Red Devil must be in the same building... OP got DQ'd because he worked through break?? I'm guessing there is more to the story. It is basically encouraged in my center. Sups don't care if you work through break or lunch, especially runners, then they can give you more stops.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
If you’re going to work on lunch then sort the truck :smart:
But you scanned and delivered on lunch so you got :censored2:ed.