Whats your thoughts on a christmas bonus?.................

article22

Banned
Dont get me wrong,. I love the fact our paycheck is there every week and our job security but cmon..... a little appreciation would boost the morale at brown!! I hear all day about people in other companies getting big Holiday bonuses and all and we are left with the BIG FAT goose egg! I mean at least bring the friggin TURKEY BACK!! this company has made millions off my back and shows no appreciation..... as ANDY REID would say "THE TIME IS YOURS"

over9five

Staff member
YES! It is a surprise bonus, and will be given to all UPS employees December 24th. It will be $750 for p/ters, and $1,000 for friend/ters.
The company has made BILLIONS in profit this year, and the BOD has decided the right thing to do is share this with the hard working UPS employees.
Congratulations for all your hard work this year!

packageguy

We make good pay, you say you want a turkey, take $25.00 of your tips and buy a turkey. If thats what your looking for, your in the wrong business. Sorry to say this company is not what it was. It's all about share-holders. Not about us. In there eyes they pay us good money....

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
LOL, We used to get a bonus, but the Teamsters didn't like it. It was nice to go Christmas shopping with it.

packageguy

LOL, We used to get a bonus, but the Teamsters didn't like it. It was nice to go Christmas shopping with it.

Remember, a bonus is a one shot deal. I think the union got rid of bonus because they wanted us to have more money in our pay checks with hours worked you would make more money on hours worked then bonus....

article22

Banned
lets see if we can get our wonderful union to fix article 40 get us raises keep our helath care and a bone---us............ they havent done much for the last 5 years........

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Remember, a bonus is a one shot deal. I think the union got rid of bonus because they wanted us to have more money in our pay checks with hours worked you would make more money on hours worked then bonus....

i know that, but I still liked the bonus and the turkey better. At least for one day, I felt appreciated for running 30 stops an hour instead my usual 17. I actually work less hours during peak putting up with a Helper and all the extra problems they bring me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dont get me wrong,. I love the fact our paycheck is there every week and our job security but cmon..... a little appreciation would boost the morale at brown!! I hear all day about people in other companies getting big Holiday bonuses and all and we are left with the BIG FAT goose egg! I mean at least bring the friggin TURKEY BACK!! this company has made millions off my back and shows no appreciation..... as ANDY REID would say "THE TIME IS YOURS"

First of all, Andy Reid's time is up. Secondly, while a holiday bonus would be nice, I am appreciative of the industry leading wage and benefit that I enjoy thanks to both the union and company.

Give yourself a bonus---start a Christmas club account and put $20/week in to it for 50 weeks. You will have $1000 to spend however you wish at Christmas.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
No thanks. I think of a Christmas bonus the same as a tax refund. It just means I'm giving the goverment too much each week. I'll take my Christmas bonus as a raise, and enjoy it every Friday.
The turkey, I always donated. I hope it helped.
Besides. A Christmas gift or bonus should be given as a sincere gesture of thanks. Do you really think it was given in that spirit??
Just another line item/expense to brown.

barnyard

KTM rider
There is a thread on another board I am on talking about how end of year bonuses have dried up at most places or how they have gone from being 5-10% of pay to a turkey or box of chocolates.

Not only do I think we will not be getting a bonus, but I also believe that the turkeys are never coming back.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
No thanks. I think of a Christmas bonus the same as a tax refund. It just means I'm giving the goverment too much each week. I'll take my Christmas bonus as a raise, and enjoy it every Friday.
The turkey, I always donated. I hope it helped.
Besides. A Christmas gift or bonus should be given as a sincere gesture of thanks. Do you really think it was given in that spirit??
Just another line item/expense to brown.
This.
It was never really a "bonus", it was a contractually negotiated part of your compensation package, ie, you gave up something else (raise, paid day off, whatever) in exchange for it. If you want it back, first ask yourself what you're willing to give up for it or what the company will want in exchange for it.

tourists24

lets see if we can get our wonderful union to fix article 40 get us raises keep our helath care and a bone---us............ they havent done much for the last 5 years........
tell ya what..... go to the wonderful company and ask them for a bonus since the terrible union cant accomplish it for you.... Im sure your management will gladly hand you a bonus

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I just opened my Sunday paper to find a Christmas card enclosed from Gerry, the man that delivers it around 4-5am. The only reason I now know his name, is because the card wasn't signed, it had one of those return address stickers inside.
I'm going to send him a card with $15/$20 or the same amount as a DD gift card. My paper is always dry & tossed on the porch. It's never late, never wet. Gerry is getting this "bonus" as a sincere thank you & in appreciation for a job well done.
The trash men will get the same. Always nice, always give the dogs a treat. The mailman doesn't do a good job, he's not getting anything.

Packmule

Company can't always predict how profitable they will be at the end of the year. If and when it proves to be substantial, a little bonus wouldn't hurt my feelings any. And if profits prove to be meager in a given year, we aren't pricing ourselves out of the business with constant raises. You just gotta think long term here and remember what is really the foundation of your best interest. No company, no paychecks at all.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I just opened my Sunday paper to find a Christmas card enclosed from Gerry, the man that delivers it around 4-5am. The only reason I now know his name, is because the card wasn't signed, it had one of those return address stickers inside.
I'm going to send him a card with $15/$20 or the same amount as a DD gift card. My paper is always dry & tossed on the porch. It's never late, never wet. Gerry is getting this "bonus" as a sincere thank you & in appreciation for a job well done.
The trash men will get the same. Always nice, always give the dogs a treat. The mailman doesn't do a good job, he's not getting anything.

I would never give a tip to someone that gave me a card with a return address label. I know they don't make jack but its tacky as hell.