When a good relationship goes bad

gman042

Been around the block a few times
For years I had delivered to a particular address. Never had an issue.
A few weeks ago it was raining fairly hard. Because the house sets on a corner lot I always deliver to the back porch as the front porch faces a more busy street. The back porch is uncovered and it was raining so I just popped the package into the owner's car figuring I was doing her a favor.
She took exception to that and said she never wanted that to happen again. Concern #1
Fine. Now you are signature only, lady. I wanted to make sure there was no question about her getting her packages. NI1, NI2.
She did not like that. Concern #2. Claiming I was not knocking. There is no doorbell.
Friday....had a next day air. Knocked. No answer. NI1. Concern#3
Supervisor smoothed things over after this lady ripped the OMS to shreds. He then told me to reattempt.
Fine....I leave package on covered front porch at door.
Today...lady claims non-receipt of package. Concern#4.
Just don't know where it will go from here.
We had such a wonderful relationship up until a few weeks ago.

Box Ox

Because the house sets on a corner lot I always deliver to the back porch as the front porch faces a more busy street. The back porch is uncovered and it was raining so I just popped the package into the owner's car figuring I was doing her a favor.

DR bag it at the back door? Too big? I wouldn't want a UPS driver opening up my car unless we'd talked about it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
For years I had delivered to a particular address. Never had an issue.
A few weeks ago it was raining fairly hard. Because the house sets on a corner lot I always deliver to the back porch as the front porch faces a more busy street. The back porch is uncovered and it was raining so I just popped the package into the owner's car figuring I was doing her a favor.
She took exception to that and said she never wanted that to happen again. Concern #1
Fine. Now you are signature only, lady. I wanted to make sure there was no question about her getting her packages. NI1, NI2.
She did not like that. Concern #2. Claiming I was not knocking. There is no doorbell.
Friday....had a next day air. Knocked. No answer. NI1. Concern#3
Supervisor smoothed things over after this lady ripped the OMS to shreds. He then told me to reattempt.
Fine....I leave package on covered front porch at door.
Today...lady claims non-receipt of package. Concern#4.
Just don't know where it will go from here.
We had such a wonderful relationship up until a few weeks ago.
Just do your job by the methods.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Sounds like you need to pull the ‘ol pen trick. Stick your pen through the number of her address on the label of the package and sheet as no such number for a few weeks. She’ll come around.