When all is said and done and retirement comes.......

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Hey Hoax, the only failure that I had at UPS was the belief that I was that important to the over all dispatch at the center level. No matter what they tell you, no one is that important to dispatch. Period. The only other failure I allowed was to let UPS into my head early on. I had some sadistic management that really soured me on most management. Not all, but most.
And those games they played really played havoc with my personal life as well. Thank God I have a wonderful wife that gave me unconditional love, even when I was very unlovable.

d

Hey Hoax, the only failure that I had at UPS was the belief that I was that important to the over all dispatch at the center level. No matter what they tell you, no one is that important to dispatch. Period. The only other failure I allowed was to let UPS into my head early on. I had some sadistic management that really soured me on most management. Not all, but most.
And those games they played really played havoc with my personal life as well. Thank God I have a wonderful wife that gave me unconditional love, even when I was very unlovable.

d
Thanks for that post Danny. I showed it to my wife. It's very hard to understand the true ups culture unless you are living it. A great woman behind you is a true blessing from the good lord. I needed to hear that post of yours thanks bro.

brown bomber

brown bomber
Thanks for that post Danny. I showed it to my wife. It's very hard to understand the true ups culture unless you are living it. A great woman behind you is a true blessing from the good lord. I needed to hear that post of yours thanks bro.
agreed my friend, flying solo...without the help of an understanding spouse, is perhaps one of the most difficult jobs on the face of the earth........it was tough enough, when your spouse, significant other or friend U & # buddy was around.......try doing it without them while trying to maintain a household and family

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
My pleasure. My guess is that a lot of other UPSERS feel the same way, but feel it not "manly" to admit it.

By the same token, I see a lot of upsers homes that have been broken. I really dont know how they make it through.

d

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity,your persona although just, reeks of mistreatment.
Why do you have to post things here,when you are really pissed off at ups?
We are not you,and you hide behind a shield.
you may or may not find what you strive to accomplish here,but mellow out.
Let me put it this way,you can't fight city hall,so relax and enjoy what you have while you have it.
DS,

There was a time that I mistreated a lot of people. I had to change or I was not going to survive. My leader; The Truth, the Way, the Life has changed my heart.

I am angry at no one.

I realize you are not me, and I am not you. Everyone has a unique pupose in creation.

Integrity does not carry a shield, my faith in the Truth is my shield.

I am satisfied with my BC experience.

I can and I will fight injustice at city hall, at my workplace and where ever I feel led to fight. I may not win but I will fight.

I am thankful and enjoy everything that I do have, I am mostly grateful for my family.

Thank you for the advice you have given me in your post.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Pretentiousness, pompousness and unjustified importance are not personal characteristics of a persona that people react to in a positive way.

The topics and causes you present here are positive and hit home with other BCers but your persona tends to negate any attraction that people feel towards your topics and causes.

I have never met such a pompous person as you in real life but I have met a few UPS Executives that were at most 1/4 as pompous and pretentious as the persona you present here on BC. Nobody liked them either.
Hoaxster,

I am very sorry for appearing this way to you and to others.

I have tried to keep my discussions kind and to the point and topic of the discussions.

If you are anyone would like to cite where I have been pretentious, pompous, and have expressed too high an opinion of myself please feel free?

I certainly am willing to look at this. I don't view myself as pretentious, pompous or overly important but I realize denial is very cunning and I certainly want to break down the wall of denial if it truly exists.

Thank you for being open and honest with me.

If I find what you are saying is true about myself it will help me live and post with Integrity and not against him.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don't see a "Dr." before the Integrity.

You aren't singularly the recipient of miracles. They happen every minute of every day. Humor is the game I'm comfortable with and it does involve sarcasm from time to time. You talk as if sarcasm is a bad thing......it's a lot like irony and writers cash in every day on irony.
You seem like an OK dude/dudette, but you're not qualified to read our psyche.
moreluck,

Please forgive me if I offended you. I am definitely not qualified to read anyone's psyche.

I was only sharing what it was like for me.

I judge no man or woman. We all have fallen short of the glory.

I did a little followup online research on sarcasm.

I found it to be interesting. Maybe you will too!

I mean no offense, just wanted to share some information.

Field Guide: Sarcastic Masters | Psychology Today

Psychology of Sarcasm – Dealing With Sarcastic People

Sincerely,
I

DS

Fenderbender
Was she sarcastic or was she making a wry observation? Is there any difference.
wry/rī/
Adjective:

• Using or expressing dry, esp. mocking, humor.

Sarcasm
?

An observation gone awry
?

Alright back to the OP

Integrity,I believe that you have found something precious.
Most people have no idea that the REAL truth is always there to see.
Taoism taught me early in life that living it brings happiness.
It's not easy to overcome all the excuses we all make every day
in order for us to think how we think we think.
I commend you for trying.As far as making a difference at ups goes,
every one of us has to deal with the reality that ups creates,
Some prefer to lay low believing the pay supercedes the insanity.
Others may feel a need to try to improve things.
Kinda like upstate,I go to work every day and try to do the best I can,but
proud to work at ups? I'm proud of myself for dealing with all the crap
all these years without letting it break me.