When can I join the union?

cya.

I believe in my center it is after your first 30 days. We had a union steward give us a little speech during our classroom training and if we wanted too join we filled out an information card. The rest was automatic.

UPSGUY72

find out how they are first. if they are as weak as mine and wont even file a grievance for you, its not worth your money.

I suspect there is a lot more to your story that your not telling us especially when you tell US that your been working for UPS for 4 years but in the 2 to 3 months your been having this pay problem you never actually filed a grievance about it.

As for the OP joining the Union it depends on the state your in. If your in a right to work state YOU have to join is your not in a right to work state you should be in the union once you make your 30 day probation period. Once you make your 30 days you then get ll the rights and protection of being in the union.

Remember your UNION is only as good as YOU make it. If you sit back and complain that things are happening that shouldn't be but do nothing to change them (file grievances) your to blame not the "UNION" as your are part of the UNION.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Most generally it is as soon as you make seniority you can join. Usually you have to work 30 days in a 90 day period outside the free periods of summer and peak.

Yeah I'm almost at my 30 days but I've gotten a couple misloads from two weeks ago and they're making a big deal about it and are threating to let me go after a meeting with HR so i'm not sure if the union will back me up even though I haven't received any written warnings.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Yeah I'm almost at my 30 days but I've gotten a couple misloads from two weeks ago and they're making a big deal about it and are threating to let me go after a meeting with HR so i'm not sure if the union will back me up even though I haven't received any written warnings.

I was threatened with "being let go" nearly every day during my probationary period. I have also seen some truly awful employees make book in my day. Keep your head down, do your job, and you'll be fine. They already spent a ton of money hiring and training you; you're just experiencing the brown brand of motivation. Just for the sake of argument, however, the union cannot do much to represent you until after you attain seniority. We had a manager that would literally put his hands on new hires he didn't like and then fire them when they bucked up because he knew the union couldn't do much for them.

The only folks that have trouble making book in my building are in the preload - and that's not even from a disciplinary/production standpoint. They're simply overstaffed and the new hires take forever to get to 30 days. If they actually show up to work every day on time, it's essentially automatic in the inbound/outbound.

I was threatened with "being let go" nearly every day during my probationary period. I have also seen some truly awful employees make book in my day. Keep your head down, do your job, and you'll be fine. They already spent a ton of money hiring and training you; you're just experiencing the brown brand of motivation. Just for the sake of argument, however, the union cannot do much to represent you until after you attain seniority. We had a manager that would literally put his hands on new hires he didn't like and then fire them when they bucked up because he knew the union couldn't do much for them.

The only folks that have trouble making book in my building are in the preload - and that's not even from a disciplinary/production standpoint. They're simply overstaffed and the new hires take forever to get to 30 days. If they actually show up to work every day on time, it's essentially automatic in the inbound/outbound.

yeah I will learn my "fate" tomorrow its already bad enough I do two trailers under 3 hours both scanning and loading. and what training are you talking about? I had none of that lmaoooo

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
yeah I will learn my "fate" tomorrow its already bad enough I do two trailers under 3 hours both scanning and loading. and what training are you talking about? I had none of that lmaoooo

Are you a seasonal? Most inside employees hired April (maybe earlier, we don't usually see folks hired before April unless they're seasonals) - October go through a week-long orientation where they are gradually exposed to hub operations and finish up the week (usually Friday) working with a training supervisor. They then spend another 4/5 of a week with said training supervisor and are on their own the following Friday. Then they have a training packet that their PT supervisor is responsible for completing with them.

Are you a seasonal? Most inside employees hired April (maybe earlier, we don't usually see folks hired before April unless they're seasonals) - October go through a week-long orientation where they are gradually exposed to hub operations and finish up the week (usually Friday) working with a training supervisor. They then spend another 4/5 of a week with said training supervisor and are on their own the following Friday. Then they have a training packet that their PT supervisor is responsible for completing with them.
Lol I did non of that man I was hired as seasonal in November and kept permanent at the end of the Peak lol I haven't done any orientation at all.