When did you start 401k and what's your balance

S

serenity now

Timothy 5:8
Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Think about that when you do your giving in relation to what you are saving. Not calling anyone out but I started to get the feeling some in this thread feel the need to bastardized those who don't give yet save for their (read family) retirement/savings.

1 John 3:17

But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

something to consider

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
So what I'm getting from this is that an old book full of contradictory advice should not be used as an investment guide? Yes?

S

serenity now

So what I'm getting from this is that an old book full of contradictory advice should not be used as an investment guide? Yes?

from what i have gleaned over time (not just this thread), seems like many posters here view the Bible as a book that really began with Once upon a time, but that language got garbled during translations to In the beginning....

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Don't start a thread in a few years entitled "Why can't I afford to retire?"

I have figured out that life is more than possesions. I would rather do without a few things in my retirement than stand before God on judgement day trying to explain why I did not give the 10% we are told to tithe and he allowed me to earn. Everyone doesn't feel the same about tithing and religion as others. Just my own personal conviction.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Timothy 5:8
Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Think about that when you do your giving in relation to what you are saving. Not calling anyone out but I started to get the feeling some in this thread feel the need to bastardized those who don't give yet save for their (read family) retirement/savings.

"Giving" has many forms. My family "gives" well over 30 hours a month in addition to the dollars from our accounts. At some point you might want to do a little research on your "good book." See exactly who decided what pages were to be included and which to be excluded. Then look again at when, who and why your "good book" was rewritten and re-phrased. I have very little patience for idiots who take what is told to them as gospel (no pun intended..........well maybe a little................ok, more than a little but it made me smile) without critically evaluating what is said, and the validity of what was said.

God gave you a brain and you do him/her a dis-service by not using it!

purplesky

Im just really wondering the reason for the stock market doing so well.
Call me cynical, call me conspiracy theory, after listening to all the experts, my gut tells me...................Its is so the govt can take over our 401ks, you know its been mentioned, you know they want to, but they want them at the highest possible level, first.

Can I call you nuts?:wink2: All the experts have spoken and you heard them? So how exactly would the United States govt. take over the 401ks of its citizens? Would this happen while your sleeping in your zombie attack bunker? I have heard this govt 401k takeover crap on overnight right wing radio and I cannot believe people really buy this crap.

Just stop and think about what you are saying. Are they going to take your house and land also? WHO THE HELL IS THEY? A SHADOW GOVT. WAITING TO TAKE OVER THE UNITED STATES? :devil3:

After typing this I am wondering if you were being sarcastic? Jokes on me if you were joking.:happy-very:

purplesky

I have figured out that life is more than possesions. I would rather do without a few things in my retirement than stand before God on judgement day trying to explain why I did not give the 10% we are told to tithe and he allowed me to earn. Everyone doesn't feel the same about tithing and religion as others. Just my own personal conviction.

I will tell GOD he lost me and my cash when he allowed all his soldiers of GOD to rape children.

pretender

Can I call you nuts?:wink2: All the experts have spoken and you heard them? So how exactly would the United States govt. take over the 401ks of its citizens? Would this happen while your sleeping in your zombie attack bunker? I have heard this govt 401k takeover crap on overnight right wing radio and I cannot believe people really buy this crap.

Just stop and think about what you are saying. Are they going to take your house and land also? WHO THE HELL IS THEY? A SHADOW GOVT. WAITING TO TAKE OVER THE UNITED STATES? :devil3:

After typing this I am wondering if you were being sarcastic? Jokes on me if you were joking.:happy-very:

You are right--It is crazy to think that the government is going to sweep in while we are sleeping and take our 401Ks.There are other ways that are so much easier--All the government has to do, is create the conditions where people ask for their 401Ks to be taken over: Start with a good dose of class warfare, and mix in equal parts of false promises and fear mongering, mix well and repeat, repeat, repeat...If this does not quite get you there, use an underhanded parliamentary procedure to ram it through (Obamacare).
Mark Levin interviews Dr Ghilarducci about nationalizing 401K's (Part 2) - YouTube

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You are right--It is crazy to think that the government is going to sweep in while we are sleeping and take our 401Ks.There are other ways that are so much easier--All the government has to do, is create the conditions where people ask for their 401Ks to be taken over: Start with a good dose of class warfare, and mix in equal parts of false promises and fear mongering, mix well and repeat, repeat, repeat...If this does not quite get you there, use an underhanded parliamentary procedure to ram it through (Obamacare).
Mark Levin interviews Dr Ghilarducci about nationalizing 401K's (Part 2) - YouTube

If they go after my retirement I wk t hesitate to move I another country.

purplesky

I have listened to this Mark Levin guy on his overnight wingnut radio show and HE IS A JOKE! Come on man. Give us somebody we can take seriously. Someone who is respected.

So Obama has less than 4 years to create conditions that will make me ask for a govt. 401 takeover? RIGHT.:wink2:

You know the funny part about all this is that OBAMA CARE COULD ACTUALLY END UP WORKING. WE DONT KNOW YET? It is a conservative healthcare idea that so many conservatives hate just because a Democratic
president got the idea rolling. Thats why this is so funny. ITS TWITT ROBME CARE.:grouphug:

So what if Obamacare ends up not working? We will know soon enough within about 8 years.

Obamacare can be removed if it fails and after I fight off the zombies I will run down to the govt 401k takeover office and get my retirement savings back. :wink2:

Last edited:

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Yes, people, there is stupidity that runs this deep in this country...If you can't think, let talk radio do it for you...Oh yeah...they're also coming to grab your guns, you dumbasses...

pretender

Yes, people, there is stupidity that runs this deep in this country...If you can't think, let talk radio do it for you...Oh yeah...they're also coming to grab your guns, you dumbasses...

FYI--Tooner merely wondered aloud the possibility of the government coming after our 401Ks. When her sanity was questioned, I posted an interview of Dr. Ghilarducci, to illustrate the fact that this idea has indeed been raised. If you appreciated nuance, you would have picked up on the fact that the government would not just sweep in and take them over. Instead, if enough people were led to believe that they were being ripped off, and/or wanted "security", they would then voluntarily give up their 401Ks.

If you wish to disagree, and offer a different point of view, that is great. Instead, you come in at page 12 of the thread, and call me a dumbarse. I was just going to chalk it up to the fact that you were having a bad day, but I got to looking back, and this seems to be your modus operandi. You know it all, and if someone disagrees, they must be stupid. If you happen to be a member of management, you are automatically an idiot.