When do they stop making you help other drivers?

Grey

Is it when you hit top-rate or another milestone? It seems like drivers in our center that have 8-9 years always come in when they're done with their work...

ManInBrown

Stop running. Never cross the street in front of the car. Use all pedestrian walkways. No cutting across lawns. Take all meals. Don't sort on meal. Get done at 8:15 every night. Then you won't have to help

barnyard

KTM rider
Adding to what MiB says.... when you do help, slow waaaaaaaay down. Follow the methods perfectly.

If you are on the 9.5 list, you have to always refuse to help. If you are forced, you will win your 9.5 grievance.

Last edited:

ManInBrown

I advise the OP to be careful when refusing to help another driver. It can get you in a heap of trouble if they deem you a driver they can take advantage of. If they say "Need" you to help so and so, saying no can get you in trouble. WAD. If they say "Can" you help so and so then you can refuse. Just get used to it especially if you are a runner gunner that gets done early every day. They will line you up for something every day. My advice again, SLOW DOWN

CHALLY9TX

It's part of the job especially the first years of driving. Now I have enough seniority that management knows not to ask me. But if they do I make sure I help someone who isn't a slacker. When management tries to force me I tell them that they better be sure a less senior driver doesn't punch out before me or they will have a grievance on their desk the next morning.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I thought you can't help if on Orion? Even if you wanted to, you can't do stops, pick ups- yes.

mdnj88

In our center we are no longer allowed to help. Now it's "jump on with so and so abd knock out 40 stops". When I get that message I go meet driver, and basically keep them company for an hour and a half of OT

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
In our center we are no longer allowed to help. Now it's "jump on with so and so abd knock out 40 stops". When I get that message I go meet driver, and basically keep them company for an hour and a half of OT
So you become a driver helper, what a waste of time and money to avoid miles on a report.