when do union dues increase?

eastlos

Ive been a part timer for 3 years and 3 months, when I looked at my paycheck today it shows that my union dues jumped from $22 to $31. :confused2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Normally, they go up every time you get a raise. I don't know why yours went up so much, maybe they skipped a week for some reason.

gandydancer

Ive been a part timer for 3 years and 3 months, when I looked at my paycheck today it shows that my union dues jumped from $22 to $31. :confused2:

My union dues are set by my local at a certain number of hours pay per month for part timers and a larger number of hours pay (3.5? - the multiple went up recently) for full-timers. Maybe there was a vote authorizing an increase in your local, and you didn't get the memo.

drewed

Shankman
our dues up here went from 40 cents an hour plus 21 dollars a month (for pt) to 1.9% (for all employees) of wage plus 21(diff for ft) dollars

705red

Browncafe Steward
Dues should be 2 and half times your hourly rate per month. If you make $10 an hour you should pay $25 per month divided by how many weeks that are in that month.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream

Dues increase anytime the union feels the news. I do believe its suppose to be 2 1/2 times your hourly rate. It might be different for each local though.

drewed

Shankman
Not here, we had a couple months when i was union where they didnt take dues out then they took monthly dues out every week for a month straight to get caught up