When do you say its over?

wornoutupser

Been here since '84. Love the job hate the company.

3 surgeries to repair damage caused by the job. Almost died after one of them. I also had broken bones along the way.

Would any of my fellow Brown Cafe members still stick around?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

3 surgeries to repair damage caused by the job. Almost died after one of them. I also had broken bones along the way.

funny guy. ya , stay and try to break record and keep the pension strong for us retirees.

11.19igrad

thats 36 years i think thats more than long enough, no?

quad decade guy

Been here since 1981. Medicare at 67..I think. I'm 58. I guess 9 more years...Making more money than ever...by a bunch. Free insurance-

kind of. No man has lived past 72 on my side of the family. Work till I die? Could be. Why? Really don't want to be broke. Yeah, I know I

should be a millionaire. It didn't work out that way for me. I'm at peace. Never had more than a light scratch working at UPS. Good back

and knees. And no, no ex-wives....my mistress(s) is/are my airplane and a few Harley's...oh and that Vette. I'm not ready to give those

things up. See above. Thanks.

wornoutupser

The first knee injury would not have happened if I have jumped off the step and not swung into the old metal plate on an old high step P8! I would happily taken a broken nose! ( Florida thunderstorms - we are not allowed to wait them out)

JustDeliverIt

Loving the job is one thing, by why hate where you work. If you can retire and not have it hurt you financially, get out and enjoy life away from this place is my opinion. I've told my wife repeatedly that if on the day I retire if I hit my hours at 2pm, I will be returning to the building and tossing them the keys at 2:01. Done or not. And we have been setting ourselves up financially to do that ever since I went FT. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Every individual on this site will have a different story on when they are eligible to retire and when they decide too. It is a matter of attrition for us long term employees, health coverage is a major issue to consider when you make that decision.

I was ready to retire about 10 years ago, mostly because of the work environment and my attitude, that and the aches and pains associated with working Full Time at UPS. Your human and even if you work the methods and take care of yourself this kind of physical work will grind you into the ground, the mental stress aspect of the job is a major problem also with all that is going on currently, it does affect your physical health.

This job is a marathon not a sprint, and do not expect the Company or Current Leadership in our beloved Union to give a damn, you are and alway will be a liability to both, so the solution is to look out for yourself and adjust your life choices, eat well and exercise and "Work Smarter not Harder".

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Or the bone falls outta the meat.
tenor.gif