When does it start becoming harassment?

rocket man

I'm one of the few drivers in my building that actually sticks up for themselves and my supervisors don't like it. They put me on the worst route in the worst city. Well in the same city there's a driver that gets back to the building everyday at 4:45 and goes home. So they send me a message to go help another driver in the city. I reply that this other driver is done hours before me, why can't he do it? He told me to only worry about myself and that he's directing me to go help (I've attached pictures of his responses). Then I tell him I won't be in until at least 745 cause I have pickups and my lunch. He tells me I WILL be in by 745. Then he tells me I'm gonna help him because "we help each other out as a team." I couldn't believe a supervisor said that to me. When does it become harassment?
View attachment 16663View attachment 16664
when you walk into bld

MethodsMan

Update: the sup ended up telling me that I didn't have to help the other driver. Brought me in for a talk when I got back to the building and thanked me for "potentially helping" lol. Also said he printed out the exchange we had over messages and that we can't have anymore like that. He said call in next time. That's not happening, he wants me to call so nothing can be documented

...and now he's reading this convo, potentially adding more fuel to the fire.

UPSGUY72

I'm one of the few drivers in my building that actually sticks up for themselves and my supervisors don't like it. They put me on the worst route in the worst city. Well in the same city there's a driver that gets back to the building everyday at 4:45 and goes home. So they send me a message to go help another driver in the city. I reply that this other driver is done hours before me, why can't he do it? He told me to only worry about myself and that he's directing me to go help (I've attached pictures of his responses). Then I tell him I won't be in until at least 745 cause I have pickups and my lunch. He tells me I WILL be in by 745. Then he tells me I'm gonna help him because "we help each other out as a team." I couldn't believe a supervisor said that to me. When does it become harassment?
View attachment 16663View attachment 16664

I can solve your problem in Two steps.

1. Slow down.
2. Take your lunch earlier in the day.

Don't get into a pissing contest with them. Don't tell them what time your going to be done if you have to go help the other person just say ok and go help after your done they can figure it out. If they haven't figured it out correctly that there problem not yours. Telling them your not going to be done before 7:45 isn't hurting them it only putting the pressure on you when they tell you be done and back before 7:45. If they just said ok and didn't get back to 8:00 that there problem not yours.

As a cover driver they send me to help people all the time. I'll send then a message I will call (really meaning send a message) when I'm done. Then if I haven't taken my lunch yet I pull over and take it plus any paid breaks I'm still owed. Then I complete my work and send a message through the DIAD for a meet point with the other driver and WAIT for a response.

bumped

I can solve your problem in Two steps.

2. Take your lunch earlier in the day.

Don't get into a pissing contest with them. Don't tell them what time your going to be done if you have to go help the other person just say ok and go help after your done they can figure it out. If they haven't figured it out correctly that there problem not yours. Telling them your not going to be done before 7:45 isn't hurting them it only putting the pressure on you when they tell you be done and back before 7:45. If they just said ok and didn't get back to 8:00 that there problem not yours.

As a cover driver they send me to help people all the time. I'll send then a message I will call (really meaning send a message) when I'm done. Then if I haven't taken my lunch yet I pull over and take it plus any paid breaks I'm still owed. Then I complete my work and send a message through the DIAD for a meet point with the other driver and WAIT for a response.

This is spot on. I say no, then make them direct me. Once directed, when I'm done, I'll send a message in.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I assume you both know that they can go in to your respective DIADs (ODSe) to see how much work you have left and if you have taken any of your meal and break periods.

If asked to help I will always set up the meet point myself. I already don't want to work any longer than I have to and letting them set it up would only add to that.

UPSGUY72

I assume you both know that they can go in to your respective DIADs (ODSe) to see how much work you have left and if you have taken any of your meal and break periods.

If asked to help I will always set up the meet point myself. I already don't want to work any longer than I have to and letting them set it up would only add to that.

At $.84 + a minute they can take as long as they want to set up the meet point.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
You know you're telling this to a guy whose off by 17:00.
Isn't that the goal? Sounds like he has beat the game. Why is every thread turned into a bash upstate contest by the same group of people? To the op, are you low seniority? If so,that's what your here for, to help the slugs so the high seniority guys can go home at 5 and drink

OPTION3

Isn't that the goal? Sounds like he has beat the game. Why is every thread turned into a bash upstate contest by the same group of people? To the op, are you low seniority? If so,that's what your here for, to help the slugs so the high seniority guys can go home at 5 and drink
Being off by five isn’t the part people HATE about UPSTATE.....It’s what he does(with or to management) to get off by five. Everyone would like to be off by five....not everyone will SWALLOW to do it. We won’t even get into his subversion of the union or his real hatred of it.

Last edited:

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I believe this is one of the most negative and counter productive forums I've seen.Great mods too..they really keep the topics on track.