When does this all end

packageguy

When does this all end, First shooting in school, then shooting in mall then movies now little children in elementry school..
I usually don't comment on politics, But this is crazy..

Yesterday, when I heard what happend, brought tears to my..

Something has to be done.. But like I said what can be done, any ideas?

J

jibbs

Just speculating, but this CT shooting struck me as a case of a child distraught/enraged at his mother and exploding. Not saying it was a case of bad parenting, but I do think it's a case where the 20 year old's folks should've seen the trouble waters he was in and possibly taken action to prevent this bull**** from happening.

It's despicable, though, and I'm glad the shooter was killed. I don't like how they tend to take so many innocent lives and then end their own. It's a final, ultimate act of selfishness on the part of most school shooters and it's like throwing salt on the wounds.

[EDIT: This thread sparked my interest to read about the shooting again, and I was wrong. The shooter killed himself in the end like so many of them do...]

Last edited by a moderator:

kingOFchester

When does this all end, First shooting in school, then shooting in mall then movies now little children in elementry school..

Cherish every moment you have with your loved ones. Never assume that you will have a second chance to reach out and give a hug or say "I love you" or even "I am sorry".

Its all I got.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

I wish I knew and I pray for an answer.
I posted yesterday and this hit me while my fingers hit the keyboard.

"I am the SHOOTER" like a video game villain.
And taking out TWO CLASS ROOMS of little kids.

Like a freaking video game.

We are the problem.
How and what causes a human to become so desensitized to the eyes of a pleading child?

I am going to say it is us.
We have lost the ability to connect.
We become one with virtual reality.

My opinion - just trying to sort it out in my mind because my heart can't understand it and my soul prays.

packageguy

We are the problem.
How and what causes a human to become so desensitized to the eyes of a pleading child?

My opinion - just trying to sort it out in my mind because my heart can't understand it and my soul prays.

great post, I think your on to something, With these video games. and virtual reality.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Evil has always been here, society is just degrading to the point where innocence is being taken away earlier in children's years, be it through media, parents, social networking, and schools. Desensitizing has come about from companies advertising, parents of younger generations thinking things are "just fine and ok" when these same things would shock your grandparents.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
great post, I think your on to something, With these video games. and virtual reality.

Video games aren't the problem. Its the parents allowing their kids to play inappropriate games for their age when they can't differentiate reality and imaginary. When you tell a lie so many times it starts to become true, same goes for media (tv,video games, advertising) to inappropriate audience.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

Cherish every moment you have with your loved ones. Never assume that you will have a second chance to reach out and give a hug or say "I love you" or even "I am sorry".

Its all I got.
Sage advice. In my family, & even with close friends, we always part with a hug and an I love you.
Life today is so busy, but the extra few seconds it takes to let someone know you care,may, unfortunately as we saw yesterday, be the last moments you share.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Video games aren't the problem. Its the parents allowing their kids to play inappropriate games for their age when they can't differentiate reality and imaginary. When you tell a lie so many times it starts to become true, same goes for media (tv,video games, advertising) to inappropriate audience.

Its the parents allowing their kids to play inappropriate games for their age when they can't differentiate reality and imaginary.
Exactly.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Evil has always been here, society is just degrading to the point where innocence is being taken away earlier in children's years, be it through media, parents, social networking, and schools. Desensitizing has come about from companies advertising, parents of younger generations thinking things are "just fine and ok" when these same things would shock your grandparents.

Why do kids walk together down a road after school with those white buds in their ears?
Why can you have four teenaged girls in a restaurant, not talking but texting each other?
How come I have to explain "frozen tag" and "kick the can"?
What happen to knocking on the door and asking if Johnny can come out and play?
How come my nephew can play Xbox with some kid in Japan but can't make friends at school?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

We are the problem.

Where it stems from, I don't know, but people have become so disconnected from one another. It's sad.
As far as trying to understand it in your heart or mind, I don't know how to. When someone is so broken as to commit such acts as we saw yesterday, when they are unable to reach out for, or receive the help they need, I wish the would just take themselves out & leave the innocent alone.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just speculating, but this CT shooting struck me as a case of a child distraught/enraged at his mother and exploding. Not saying it was a case of bad parenting, but I do think it's a case where the 20 year old's folks should've seen the trouble waters he was in and possibly taken action to prevent this bull**** from happening.

It's despicable, though, and I'm glad the shooter was killed. I don't like how they tend to take so many innocent lives and then end their own. It's a final, ultimate act of selfishness on the part of most school shooters and it's like throwing salt on the wounds.

[EDIT: This thread sparked my interest to read about the shooting again, and I was wrong. The shooter killed himself in the end like so many of them do...]

It does seem like they are cheating the hangman but it sure beats having the public pay for months and months of trials and if covicted years and years of being locked up with one appeal after another. I only wish he would have died a slow agonizing death that took about a week.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We played games when I was little......kick the can, hide'n'seek, red rover, H.O.R.S.E with the basketball, monopoly.etc.

Sometimes we'd have a Monopoly game going for days......just put it carefully away in someone's garage and pull it back out the next day & continue.

The games didn't involve killing cops or other people and being numbed to the whole idea of murder. That's the problem right there. You kill imaginary people and then you want to know what it's like to kill someone for real.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think we should have seen the beginning of the end about the first time kids were told that no one at school or at home could physically discipline them and the kids realized that it was true. I remember the first time I heard a kid tell an adult "you can't touch me" and then give the adult the finger I thought to myself "holy crap --if I would have done that to my Dad I wouldn't have been able to sit for a week. Don't get me wrong--I'm not for beating the crap out of your kid but a few well placed swats to the hind quarters never killed anyone.

Re-Raise

I just don't understand the complete selfishness of it.

How does someone reach a point in their life that they just want to hurt random innocent people before they die? And in this case innocent children who have obviously never done anything to cause this guy pain.

The human race has always been capable of unspeakable violence against others, whether under the auspices of war, religious differences or race. The weapons have gotten more deadly but there has always been the violence.

I think the hardest thing about stopping these kind of attacks from happening is that they make no sense. You can add security to a bank to protect it from robbery because it makes sense that the bank could be a target.

How do you defend against something this random?