When does ups normally hire drivers

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have drivers who are FT bid cover drivers, who don't have their own routes but are guaranteed to work every day, and others who are casuals, which means they don't have their own route and they are not guaranteed to work every day. Casuals are an essential part of the operation.

We have drivers who are FT bid cover drivers, who don't have their own routes but are guaranteed to work every day, and others who are casuals, which means they don't have their own route and they are not guaranteed to work every day. Casuals are an essential part of the operation.
I believe the bottom 10%? of our FT drivers don't have a daily guarantee to work but they are still FT.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Cover drivers are FT package car drivers.
What's a cover driver? We don't have them.

We have temps- casual drivers (peak- summer). Usually toast after being used.

We have split drivers. Union members with low seniority that fill in as more seniority drivers are off. They also do "split route" if they put in more routes by taking work off others.

Holydriver

Apparently never in my center. They seem to just borrow guys from other centers in the building or other buildings in the district. Then PM dispatch everyone after their 11 hour plan day to help an out of center guy that's out in the blind with his own 11 hour plan day. So, yea, hiring a fee drivers is out of the question around here

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Been a preloader for about a year now , just applied for Saturday air driver , does anyone know when does ups normally start to hire ft drivers ? (Which months in particular )
In our center a list goes up every January and July ....sign the list everytime it's posted til u hear something back. I don't think there is a specific month, just when there is enough drivers needed they will start a training class.