When getting laid off what is the minimal to keep insurance?

margaritaville

How many hours do you have to work a week to get insurance the following week for full time?

I honestly dont mind getting laid off. Long as i have my senority date i might as well have it easy til i have a higher pay scale. My only concern is working just enough to get health insurance.

Also do you not get vacation the first year? I started in the summer and never was asked about vacation in october... Like i said i dont mind being laid off but it be nice to leave the state for a week. Right now im always on call :P

SaladTosser

Kill me now
I don't think there is a minimum. I've worked 8 to 12 hours a week the past couple years and no one has said anything.

I have another full time job so I come in when they really need me.

margaritaville

Weird i thought it was weekly? Like you need to work atleast 8 hours during a current week to have insurance the next week. Ever since the new contract. All my health insurance has already been crappier so far. Just trying to figure out how i dont lose it while getting laid off. Until things pick up again.

I believe we have to work at least an hour or something to keep our insurance. Remember you are also earning your vacation and retirement hours. Nice to have the time off but it can catch up with you down the road.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
How many hours do you have to work a week to get insurance the following week for full time?

I honestly dont mind getting laid off. Long as i have my senority date i might as well have it easy til i have a higher pay scale. My only concern is working just enough to get health insurance.

Also do you not get vacation the first year? I started in the summer and never was asked about vacation in october... Like i said i dont mind being laid off but it be nice to leave the state for a week. Right now im always on call :P
It depends. Some areas are different. But most are now in Teamcare. You need to punch in at least once a week to have insurance for that week if you have Teamcare.

If you are laid off and do not work at all that week, you have no insurance.

If you have any vacation days or option days, take one of those during the week and you will have insurance.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I believe we have to work at least an hour or something to keep our insurance. Remember you are also earning your vacation and retirement hours. Nice to have the time off but it can catch up with you down the road.

We have had several drivers who were surprised to learn that they had to work a bit longer than they had planned before they could retire as they had taken too many "dead days".

brownmvp

So u lose your insurance for that week you didnt have a punch do you get it back the following week? And would working Sat count?

RealPerson

Different Answers for Different Supplements....

Keep in mind also to EARN Full vacation there is a Minimum amount of hours to work also.....

Different Supplements on this and WHEN you get vacation.

Heck just in my center, everyone has a different answer. My BA says you Start earning vacation after one year, just UPS lets you take it before you earn it... IDK some crap like that...
When I was hired it was you work a year and got your year vacation....

YardMedVet

Correct and not sure about Saturdays, but if ur schedule to work it should. I'm in debit 3k bc of this silly new work hours policies. Can't complaint it's my fault for not keeping up with new icareChange!