When I Become KING of UPS....

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
guys, you are both right. it all depends on how you define a letter...

Congress did not define what constitutes a letter. Rather, the Service has
issued regulations to define a letter for the purpose of administering the
Statutes. These regulations define a letter broadly as “a message directed
to a specific person or address, and recorded in or on a tangible object.”
(39 CFR 310.1 (a)) However, the regulations also exclude a number of
items from that definition and suspend the Statutes for other letters,
notably “extremely urgent,” i.e., overnight, letters and outbound U.S.
international letters.

so if i am sending an informational packet to someone non specific "to whom it may concern" or not even that, it would not be considered a letter. much of what we handle that would be smalls and paperwork does not fall into the letter classification, therefor we do and can handle it legally. even at the ground service rate. and weight does not enter into the letter/not a letter discussion.

as for the premise that we are losing money on domestic, that is hogwash. over all, ups does make money on all of its product line, otherwise we would not offer them.

bbag, gladd you are that much smarter than all those bean counters at ups.......maybe someone there will take great interest in your analysis of ups's business plans, and let you re-invent the wheel for them.

as for lowering the costs, when fuel and labor costs take a dive, it might happen. until then, we are stuck with what we have.

d

atatbl

I agree, now if he had said his mother instead of wife, then that would have been funny.

LMAO. Internets = serial bidness......

At least, according to some.

BBAG, if you're offended at that type of comment (online), maybe you should find a new hobby.

And before you go giving me your, ever so precious, online etiquette advice: don't. If you do, it won't matter. I just didn't want you to waste your time telling me how jokes (whether you deem inappropriate or not) are part of life. If you are offended at one that you see online, perhaps you should listen to talk around the "water cooler" and find out the world is not all peaches and cream. You might even hear some jokes that were not even close to as mild as mine. ::embarrassed smiley face because I've never heard a swear word before::

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
atta

you are the one missing the point. does not matter if it is on the internet or around the water cooler, trashy people will always hide behind other trashy people and call it normal. seen too many of you at ups, and most are totally whipped you know whats in real life. only way you can stand tall in your mind is to tear down others to try and make them smaller than yourself.

Thing is, most normal people see right through that type of comment and understand the lowbreed that posts/says things like that.

and you sir, fit the bill.

d

atatbl

atta

you are the one missing the point. does not matter if it is on the internet or around the water cooler, trashy people will always hide behind other trashy people and call it normal. seen too many of you at ups, and most are totally whipped you know whats in real life. only way you can stand tall in your mind is to tear down others to try and make them smaller than yourself.

Thing is, most normal people see right through that type of comment and understand the lowbreed that posts/says things like that.

and you sir, fit the bill.

d

Apparently, YOU missed a vital point. Your statement "tear down others" implies I was actually trying to insult the original poster when this saga Began. It's appropriate to call all of your and BBAG's posting habits sagas because your habits are common to many insecure people. Come off your high horse. You couldn't hack it at UPS so don't insinuate that you "know my type" at ups.

The fact that you would bother to openly "type" anyone in real life (even worse that you "type" someone who you have never met) shows the magnitude of your character.

Oh, and the only people I have ever met that call people "trashy", "whipped you know what in real life", or "lowbreed" (all your words) are people that are bitter for not mattering in anyway in their own lives and have VERY low self-esteem.

I feel bad for you. Maybe your flawed, hypocritical logic works on children. Maybe it works on people in your life that you like to belittle. It won't work when people can see what you are saying and refute it. You are an unfortunate example that age brings out who we really are. I know I won't bother trying to belittle people for belittling people now, I sure as hell won't do it when I'm your age.

Thanks for playing. Next time bring your "I have common sense and won't negate and refute my own argument" cap.

Last edited:

atatbl

Me thinks you protests too much.

You wrote a joke somewhere?

Oh, this was all a simple misunderstanding then. See Danny? He thought I really slept with someone's wife. Damn text, you can never tell when someone is joking. It's tough BBAG, I know.

And your protests too much comment; go back to the first post of this thread you gimmick.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
it takes a real tall man to joke about sleeping with anothers wife. but then a lowbreed would not understand that a statement like that is not really funny to normal people, only to other lowbreeds.

as for hacking ups, that was too funny.

d

atatbl

it takes a real tall man to joke about sleeping with anothers wife. but then a lowbreed would not understand that a statement like that is not really funny to normal people, only to other lowbreeds.

as for hacking ups, that was too funny.

d

First, do you realize no one cares what your definition of funny, appropriate, or whatever the opposite of lowbreed is?

Second, I now see your confusion. Humor is not funny, and fact is hilarious to you. Damn I pity anyone around you. Wait.... no I don't. I wish the best for them. Pity is something a stuck up old man that preaches what he doesn't live does. :happy-very:

P.S. Do you have a Napoleon complex? What is your unhealthy obsession with "tall" men. I would guess that there are other forums out there more to your "preference".

Last edited:

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Oh, this was all a simple misunderstanding then. See Danny? He thought I really slept with someone's wife. Damn text, you can never tell when someone is joking. It's tough BBAG, I know.

No, it's just that, joke, no joke, you are an ass regardless. Glad I can clarify.

What I believe Danny is trying to tell you (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that any person with average or higher intelligence can read you, easily, even from your simple minded posts.

I called you out earlier as a Toady, a follower, a wanna be - you prove my assumption time & time again in your posts. The attempted humor you made earlier in the thread I'm sure is hilarious to your level of intelligence, of the people you hang out with. Hey, good for you. Enjoy the bliss.

The point Danny may have forgotten, a point I always forget, is that someone like you will never understand the above, and all the explaining in the world won't help. You think I have no sense of humor. I think you are a simple-minded ass Toady. No disrespect intended.

You can't teach a dog physics. It just frustrates the hell out of you, and it annoys the dog.

atatbl

I would point out your flawed argument again, but it really isn't worth it. Some people just don't understand simple logic. I don't mean the ambiguous term of common sense, I mean logic. You have none.

I will just point this out instead. If I am below average intelligence and "all the explaining in the world blah blah blah" was the point both of were trying to make, why not say it in simple terms? Better yet, why even try since you two are such extreme genii? I appreciate you guys "slumming" it for a little while. Us simple folk really need you high intelligence beings to help us. I suppose that is why you two are where you are at. Please excuse the subtle insult, Mr. Senator.